Nyu dpt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kcrunningchick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone planning to attend NYU starting this summer?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Just got my acceptance letter! Hasn't fully hit me yet..very excited though

:) me too! most likely gonna attend. gonna send in my deposit soon. it hasn't really hit me either!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am curious what most students plan on doing for their living situation. I live in Long Island so I have a few options I am considering..

I'm not really sure what to do for housing. I'm from west coast, so I'm not too familiar with places to live in NY. I might do summer housing with NYU and then possibly find an apartment with other PT students after that.

myr - Are you planning on commuting, finding your own place in Manhattan, doing NYU housing, or something else? I'm curious to know what options there are.

I have a 45-50 minute train ride just to get into the city plus a subway ride so it would be at least a 1.5 hour commute. I am leaning toward commuting during the summer so I can meet all of the students and see what others are doing and if I can find a roomate or something. I don't think I want to do housing through NYU, as I see it is very expensive and you can probably get a better apartment for the same price around the area if you get a few roomates.

Other options inlcude finding a place right outside of Manhattan in either Brooklyn, or Queens. I would probably be much more inclined to do NYU housing for the first year or semester if possible if I was coming out of state.

kcrunningchick, I'm from the west coast too! I'm looking into apartments with two other friends of mine that are already living there. I'm also looking into student housing for a month possibly. As everyone else said, I'm really excited!

did you guys all interview there? if so, when was it? I applied there pretty late, not sure if they will even consider me =(

I interviewed in early Dec. When did you apply SuperKirby? Best of luck!

i applied early december, LOL. Yeah so I don't expect to get in, considering the due date was Dec. 1st. lol

Can we get an official NYU DPT 2012 thread started or something???Anyone receive any more information since sending in their intent form and deposit?

I'm sending in my deposit today! Yay!!

Are all of you coming straight out of undergrad? I'll be 2 years out once we start in the summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not sure, but I went on the NYU website and searched for our summer school classes and the first two classes we take, pathology and professional behavior, show a start date of June 8th. I don't know how accurate it is, but I know last years class started middle of June sometime. Hopefully we get some info soon!

Program starts June 22nd. Are any of you prepping beforehand like some others mentioned in another thread?

Hey, are any of you guys going to the orientation in April?

I just decided im going to nyu! im excited... and i'll be at orientation

Hey I'm just wondering, I mean NYU is a great school, but are you really going to get into thousands of dollars worth of debt on top of whatever you already accumulated during your undergraduate years? How are you going to pay for all this????

I was wondering if anybody went to the orientation last week, and if so, did you find out any important information?

Also, has anyone decided what they are doing for housing for summer and for school year? I am trying to figure out what to do!

Yes, I went! A lot more people showed up than I expected. Dr. Ling went over the curriculum, we did introductions (lots of people from Cali), we had a safety presentation, took our photos for ID cards, and registered for classes. There's going to be a 2nd orientation on June 19th.

A bunch of people got NYU summer housing, and most said they'll be looking for off campus apartments for the regular school year.

Congrats to everyone that got accepted! I'm looking forward to applying to NYU this fall, anyone have any suggestions or tips?

bump
what type of activities did you guys put on the supplemental application for the proof of community service and leadership?

Hey everyone,

I'm an NYU DPT student heading into my 2nd year this fall.
I just recently went through all of this and I know how unknown the territory can seem.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me (classes, living/commuting, professors, social/work, etc.). I'll give you the honest scoop.

Congratulations to all of you on your acceptance!
-Mandy

Thank you for your willingness to give us your honest opinions...How hard is histology? In gross anatomy do we actually dissect? How many hours a week on average do most study? Any tips you recommend on commuting (driving vs train). And last how are most of the professors? Personality and teaching style? Any other tips or things important to know? Thanks again!