Program-Specific Info / Q's NYIT OT 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi everyone! First post here. I was accepted this morning! I'm super ecstatic because I left the interview disheartened, thinking it didn't go well. But I'm so grateful I have a spot now!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I applied to Suny Downstate, Touro College, Hofstra , Seton Hall , Sacred Heart, Le Moyne and D'Youville. I am super happy I have a spot in a program it is just hard when we won't hear back from other colleges till probably next year

Hey, I just wanted to know if you’ve heard from either Touro or Hofstra yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! First post here. I was accepted this morning! I'm super ecstatic because I left the interview disheartened, thinking it didn't go well. But I'm so grateful I have a spot now!

Congratulations!!

Congratulations

Hi All,

First time on this thread and first time on a forum as well! Lol i have an interview with NYIT on dec 5th and I was just hoping to get some tips on the interview.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi everyone! I was recently accepted into the OT program and had asked Jessica about the summer schedule. She had told me classes ran 4 days a week from 9-4. Does anyone know if the classes run all 4 days a week for that whole time? I know its only 2 classes at a time so that seems like a lot just for 2 classes. I am going to be commuting most likely so I am just a little nervous if its going to be the 4 days a week for that whole period of time

Reactions: 1 user
Hi everyone! I was recently accepted into the OT program and had asked Jessica about the summer schedule. She had told me classes ran 4 days a week from 9-4. Does anyone know if the classes run all 4 days a week for that whole time? I know its only 2 classes at a time so that seems like a lot just for 2 classes. I am going to be commuting most likely so I am just a little nervous if its going to be the 4 days a week for that whole period of time

Hi congratulations! She told you then that it’s definitely 9-4? I’m commuting as well about an hour so it’s definitely important to know !

Hi congratulations! She told you then that it’s definitely 9-4? I’m commuting as well about an hour so it’s definitely important to know !

She told me 4 days a week 9-4 but then I emailed her to clarify and she said that classes run once a week. Anatomy is all summer and intro to ot is one half of the summer and then physiology is the other half. so technically this would mean we would have 2 classes at a time. This all made sense but then she sent me last years schedule and it showed each class twice a week which confused me a little. I am thinking maybe the classes have 2 sections twice a week and you can just pick one of them.

She told me 4 days a week 9-4 but then I emailed her to clarify and she said that classes run once a week. Anatomy is all summer and intro to ot is one half of the summer and then physiology is the other half. so technically this would mean we would have 2 classes at a time. This all made sense but then she sent me last years schedule and it showed each class twice a week which confused me a little. I am thinking maybe the classes have 2 sections twice a week and you can just pick one of them.

Oh wow ok that helps a lot! Thank you so much! How far would your commute be for NYIT?

Oh wow ok that helps a lot! Thank you so much! How far would your commute be for NYIT?

my commute would be a little over an hour also which sucks so I am hoping I get into a school thats a little closer

my commute would be a little over an hour also which sucks so I am hoping I get into a school thats a little closer

Yes me too ! Where are you coming from if you don’t mind me asking? I’m trying also but i still haven’t heard back from any other school yet! Where else did you apply if you don’t mind me asking again!?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone plan on starting a facebook group?
I would definitely say that we should lol ! Good Idea to connect and all the classes before have done it !

I would definitely say that we should lol ! Good Idea to connect and all the classes before have done it !
Hi Everyone!!
I made a facebook group ( well tried to not sure I did it right) that way we could all stay in contact and if we have any questions we could try to help each other ! I name it NYIT MSOT class of 2022 group let me know if you can find it!

Yes me too ! Where are you coming from if you don’t mind me asking? I’m trying also but i still haven’t heard back from any other school yet! Where else did you apply if you don’t mind me asking again!?

Im commuting from staten island! how about you? and i applied to kean liu brooklyn seton hall nyu and suny downstate.

Hi Everyone!!
I made a facebook group ( well tried to not sure I did it right) that way we could all stay in contact and if we have any questions we could try to help each other ! I name it NYIT MSOT class of 2022 group let me know if you can find it!
Found it! Just requested to join

Im commuting from staten island! how about you? and i applied to kean liu brooklyn seton hall nyu and suny downstate.

I’m coming from Southampton ! It’s an hour away also and I applied to stony brook, Touro, and Hofstra !

Has anyone heard updates on the summer schedule from Jessica? Or any info regarding revising out financial aid packages to include summer session?

Has anyone heard updates on the summer schedule from Jessica? Or any info regarding revising out financial aid packages to include summer session?
No I haven't heard anything yet. I was wondering about the summer session.

I just got accepted into Downstate. I am gonna pull out of my spot at NYIT. Best of luck everyone.

I just got accepted into Downstate. I am gonna pull out of my spot at NYIT. Best of luck everyone.

I pulled my spot out as well, thankfully got accepted to stony brook , Goodluck to all of you!

I met with a Financial advisor the other day they said that since the OT program includes summer we do semesters differently for the first year. Like our first semester includes a summer + Fall then spring would be separate. So when I went to take out my loan and adjust my financial aid, I had to take out enough to cover summer and fall semester. Then I have to do the process again for spring and every other semester. It’s kind of confusing but when they explained it, I understood it better. hope this helps

Okay thanks ! I emailed the aid department and I just sent in my seasonal loan request form to include summer and fall so now I am just waiting for them to make my new packet. Do you know when we register for classes?

No, the latest email I got was just about second deposit and immunization Records so I guess we will get another email about schedules

Hi all i just got accepted to Columbia so i will be withdrawing from NYIT anyone on the waiting list some you can hear some good news soon

Anyone having an issue registering for classes today? Do they keep changing on you and still overlapping?

Anyone having an issue registering for classes today? Do they keep changing on you and still overlapping?
Yes! It seemed perfect when I registered this morning, but after checking it again in the afternoon, I found that I had an overlap for the second summer session. I tried looking over the other session times so that I can re-schedule, but some of them are already filled and closed. Not sure if they'll keep changing session times

Yes! It seemed perfect when I registered this morning, but after checking it again in the afternoon, I found that I had an overlap for the second summer session. I tried looking over the other session times so that I can re-schedule, but some of them are already filled and closed. Not sure if they'll keep changing session times
I tried calling but no one is answering. Also some are closed with no students and they all overlap somehow. I am hoping they are trying to fix the issue and that they will reach out about it to us soon. They also changed the structure of the classes and what summer session they meet so I am a bit confused

I tried calling but no one is answering. Also some are closed with no students and they all overlap somehow. I am hoping they are trying to fix the issue and that they will reach out about it to us soon. They also changed the structure of the classes and what summer session they meet so I am a bit confused
I tried emailing them as well. I noticed when registering for Intro to OT the times were Tues 9-12 and Thurs 1-4 but on the email Jessica has previously sent it said both sessions would be held on Thursday? I asked if they can please clarify which one it would be. But when I registered this morning all the times for gross anatomy had switched around. I don't want to touch my schedule just incase its an error or something

I tried emailing them as well. I noticed when registering for Intro to OT the times were Tues 9-12 and Thurs 1-4 but on the email Jessica has previously sent it said both sessions would be held on Thursday? I asked if they can please clarify which one it would be. But when I registered this morning all the times for gross anatomy had switched around. I don't want to touch my schedule just incase its an error or something
I know she said they were subject to change so I did not think they were set in stone but every single one changed on the day of registration and some are closed with no students in it. I feel like with jessica not being there anymore its going to be an issue getting in contact. I sent an email to Dr lopez last week and still haven't heard back.

Hi Leia, Can I chat with you? I'm applying to Downstate and have some questions. Thanks!
Brian

Hey are there any current students on here who can chat with me? I have some questions. I got an interview notice today and I'm super excited :)

If anyone can give any tips on the interview process I would appreciate it! So nervous!!!

At this point yes I will be going to NYIT. I am waiting to hear from Touro and Hofstra but since they start later, I'm not sure if they started pulling applications yet. NYIT is my top school as far as location and how well the program is established. They have great affiliations and I know people that have received jobs right after graduation because of it. How about you ?
Hey may I ask you some questions about NYIT?

Hi! Has anyone had the online interview for NYIT or is planning on it for this cycle? I am an out-of- state applicant, and was invited to go to the in-person interview later this month but since I am still in school it's hard to find time to travel all the way to NY. If anyone has any tips for the online NYIT zoom interview, please let me know! Thank you. and good luck to those interviewing this month!

@futureOT1998
Hey I'm doing my interview in person but I did the NYIT info session and you have to download the zoom app onto your computer. Make sure thats downloaded and running a couple days before so you don't run into any issues!

If anyone can give any tips on the interview process I would appreciate it! So nervous!!!

Hey! I had my interview at NYIT this past week! The staff makes you feel so comfortable. The interview is very short! They ask general questions like, "Why NYIT? What is something that has challenged you? " Not anything specific like, "Compare PT and OT" at least in my interview! Very relaxed process, and the writing sample was easy. Good luck!

Has anyone heard back from NYIT? I interviewed this past week. I know they get back SUPER fast, at most 2 weeks later.

@FutureOT3693 Hey! Mines tuesday! so scared!!!!! What was your writing sample on? Any other tips!!! Thanks so much!!!!! Fingers crossed you get in!

Hey guys! I interviewed on 10/22 and was accepted yesterday!!