NYIT DPT 2022-2023 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ysDPT

Reaction score
Hi guys! I don't think I see any NYIT post for this cycle so I thought it'd be nice to make one!

I finished my interview - I am wondering if anyone knows when to expect to hear back.

Members don't see this ad.

Hiii. I finished my interview last week too
I am so scared but hopeful. How did your interview go?

Hiii. I finished my interview last week too
I am so scared but hopeful. How did your interview go?
Hi :) your username is so me, I'm also scared (maybe + worried and stressed).

This was my first ever PT school interview, and I was not fully prepared for some questions and only gave short answers for those that I was not prepared for. Based on these two things... I think I did bad :( I also thought it was only going to be ~3 main questions but I got >5 questions throughout the interview.. but it's at least a good experience. How did your interview go?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi :) your username is so me, I'm also scared (maybe + worried and stressed).

This was my first ever PT school interview, and I was not fully prepared for some questions and only gave short answers for those that I was not prepared for. Based on these two things... I think I did bad :( I also thought it was only going to be ~3 main questions but I got >5 questions throughout the interview.. but it's at least a good experience. How did your interview go?
Oh noooo do you remember who interviewed you?
And i agree the questions did throw me off. I stumbled over myself a lot and feel like i didn’t give the best answer i could’ve. The guy that interviewed me seemed to like me (at least from what i can tell) but I’m still super scared.
It was my first interview too!! Do you know when they’ll get back?
I’m sure we’re gonna do great!! I’m praying an acceptance for both of us

Hi, I just had my interview with NYIT a couple of days ago. I think it went well. The only other interview that I had was with Touro College. However, for the Touro interview I was just asked some questions by the computer and my answer was recorded through my webcam. There was no actual human to human communication.

Hi, I just had my interview with NYIT a couple of days ago. I think it went well. The only other interview that I had was with Touro College. However, for the Touro interview I was just asked some questions by the computer and my answer was recorded through my webcam. There was no actual human to human communication.
Whaaaaa touro never got back to me. I hope we can hear from NYIT soon tho

Whaaaaa touro never got back to me. I hope we can hear from NYIT soon tho
I applied to Touro, Stonybrook, and 5 schools in Florida (USF, FGCU, FIU, UMIAMI, UF). I think at the end of the NYIT interview he told me that we would know within the next two weeks.

Reactions: 1 user
I got waitlisted as well! I’m pretty heartbroken about it cause the interviewer made me a little confident that i was gonna get accepted but we’ll see

Update: Got accepted into Touro. Still waiting to hear about an interview from Stonybrook though. Has anyone heard back from them?

Congratulations!!!!! what are your stats if you don't mind me asking :)

Congratulations!!!!! what are your stats if you don't mind me asking :)
Thank you! and i have some interesting stats tbh haha.
GPA cumulative: 3.5 (i had a 2.5 freshman yr and had a 4.0 in almost every semester since)
GPA pre req: ≈ 3.3
Observation Hours: ≈200 hours in 2 different settings
GRE: 151 verbal, 158 quant, 4.5 essay
Extracurricular: NCAA D3 Soccer player all 4 years, captain of a U23 soccer team during the summers, multiple academic recognition awards, student athlete awards, in Health Honorary Society, work in a pharmacy, certified NYS EMT, work in soccer camps every summer, train soccer players as a side job, worked as a waiter, and part of an environmental conservation association for beaches in my home town