NYCPM, OCPM, TUSPM, SCHOLL (please help guys about acceptance rates with my mcat/gpa)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

V4viet

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

It's tough to speak from an admissions standpoint since most of us are students. It's hard to know what any of them are thinking! But I have been involved with admissions over the past two years at DMU. Your GPA is fine and your MCAT is low but you seem to be very involved which will really help you. I think that a good interview could go a long way too. I've seen candidates with extremely high stats be denied because of a poor interview and I've seen candidates with low stats gain acceptance because of a good interview and the ability to explain themselves. Give it a shot. The worst they can say is no. DMU's class of 2010 is almost full so apply ASAP.
Also, I would advise you to spend time shadowing a pod in the clinic and operating room if you haven't already done so.

jonwill said:
It's tough to speak from an admissions standpoint since most of us are students. It's hard to know what any of them are thinking! But I have been involved with admissions over the past two years at DMU. Your GPA is fine and your MCAT is low but you seem to be very involved which will really help you. I think that a good interview could go a long way too. I've seen candidates with extremely high stats be denied because of a poor interview and I've seen candidates with low stats gain acceptance because of a good interview and the ability to explain themselves. Give it a shot. The worst they can say is no. DMU's class of 2010 is almost full so apply ASAP.
Also, I would advise you to spend time shadowing a pod in the clinic and operating room if you haven't already done so.

Thank you Jonwill, that helps a lot. I know that i'll do well in podiatry school but my mcat score doesn't show it and i really want to get into a podiatry school. I appreciate your reply. I haven't shadow a podiatrist yet b/c everywhere i call they say they would call me back but haven't. I'm putting my application in by the end of this month. Do you think if i dont get into DMU i can get an interview somewhere at least. I'm applying ot new york, temple, ohio, scholl, and maybe dmu since u said they're full.

Members don't see this ad :)
Definitely get in w/ a pod. I'll be honest w/ you. I might think about taking the year off. I'm not sure about the other schools but the earlier in the year the better. By March most schools are full. If you do apply and don't get in, reapply as soon as the app is up. (which I think is in August)

Another suggestion is maybe retake the MCAT or take the GRE. The reason I say that is the physical science portion is big part of the test, at least at CPMS a 3 will be a tough sell. Again the earlier the better because even w/ a lower score you can get in if you apply early b/c there is less competition. Again, I can only tell you about DMU. There are schools that take lower scores.

I took 2 years off after undergrad which was the best thing I’ve ever done. Good luck and if you need anything else there are lots of great people on this forum.

Well, obviously I can't promise anything!!! If you apply to all of those schools, I'm pretty confident that you'll get in somewhere. I'd be interested to see what people from other schools have to say on the topic. Go to the following link and you can actually e-mail the admissions coordinators at the various schools. They can give you a better idea of what to expect and where they are on enrollment numbers.

http://www.aacpm.org/html/collegelinks/cl_schools.asp

jonwill said:
Well, obviously I can't promise anything!!! If you apply to all of those schools, I'm pretty confident that you'll get in somewhere. I'd be interested to see what people from other schools have to say on the topic. Go to the following link and you can actually e-mail the admissions coordinators at the various schools. They can give you a better idea of what to expect and where they are on enrollment numbers.

http://www.aacpm.org/html/collegelinks/cl_schools.asp

Jon don't you think that just getting you app in, in February is really late? I'd save the money to apply next year. I was looking at the app stats on Saturday they are, for the 4th year in a row, up from the previous year. SO, that is why I think wait a year, earn so money and get your app in early next year.

Dr_Feelgood said:
Jon don't you think that just getting you app in, in February is really late? I'd save the money to apply next year. I was looking at the app stats on Saturday they are, for the 4th year in a row, up from the previous year. SO, that is why I think wait a year, earn so money and get your app in early next year.

Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it. The reason why I'm applying is because I called temple and new york and told them basically exactly what i've told you guys and i ask them should i apply? and they say yes.. so i figure they know what they're talking about.. that's all.. im really scare now and i really want to get in. I study so hard for the mcat but ofcourse the score didn't show for it. I really think i'll do well in podiatry school. Thanks again for you help.. do u know much about temple and new york? b/c they say they take applications up to july 1st and new york is august.

All schools continue to take apps. They'll put you on there alternate list if there classes are full. I have no doubt that you would do well in Pod school. I know how the MCATs are. I would bet anything that you would add 5 points or more to you total if you retook the MCAT. Most people do better the 2nd time. Just remember that all admission staff get hired and fired on there numbers. The more apps they generate the more they'll get paid.

Another thought is you might get more scholarships if you retake the MCAT. You could get a job this summer study for the MCAT, and save money. Then reapply in August get your interviews in September and be except by October. Then you've got half a year to get ready for school. Heck if you got into CPMS, you could move to Des Moines and get a job doing research in the Human Performance Lab or working w/ one of the basic scientist studying cancer, T-cells or whatever else they are doing.

Dr_Feelgood said:
All schools continue to take apps. They'll put you on there alternate list if there classes are full. I have no doubt that you would do well in Pod school. I know how the MCATs are. I would bet anything that you would add 5 points or more to you total if you retook the MCAT. Most people do better the 2nd time. Just remember that all admission staff get hired and fired on there numbers. The more apps they generate the more they'll get paid.

Another thought is you might get more scholarships if you retake the MCAT. You could get a job this summer study for the MCAT, and save money. Then reapply in August get your interviews in September and be except by October. Then you've got half a year to get ready for school. Heck if you got into CPMS, you could move to Des Moines and get a job doing research in the Human Performance Lab or working w/ one of the basic scientist studying cancer, T-cells or whatever else they are doing.

Well I'm planning to retaking the mcat this april but since im counting on getting in this time I stop studying and now there's only 2 months left. I'm taking classes to graduate this summer. I know what you mean. Now im seriously scare.

Dr_Feelgood said:
It is a bit late for DMU but there are some slots open still. As far as the other schools, some of them don't have a cap so there is no such thing as "too late". Your point concerning the MCAT and scholarships is well taken though. On the other hand, taking a year off does delay your earning power by one year. I guess it all depends on where V4viet wants to go. If they don't get the program they want, I would wait a year. Taking a year off after college isn't the end of the world in my opinion but I don't know V4viet's situation.

I didn't not know that some schools don't cap there classes. I guess that reflects the school, are they in it to mass produce Pods or are the concern w/ producing strong physicians. This is probably why they don't want the board scores published. If they were published maybe they would choose to limit there classes.

V4viet said:
Thank you so much for your help I really appreciate it. The reason why I'm applying is because I called temple and new york and told them basically exactly what i've told you guys and i ask them should i apply? and they say yes.. so i figure they know what they're talking about.. that's all.. im really scare now and i really want to get in. I study so hard for the mcat but ofcourse the score didn't show for it. I really think i'll do well in podiatry school. Thanks again for you help.. do u know much about temple and new york? b/c they say they take applications up to july 1st and new york is august.

I do student interviews at NYCPM. We do not get to see the grades and MCAT scores it is more of a personality interview.

Your GPA looks fine but the MCAT as you know is a little low. I have seen people get in with lower though.

Please make sure that you really want to be a foot doctor and have a pation for podiatry.

I do have one question for you...

What makes you think that you can hack it in pod school with such a low PS MCAT score. I'm not trying to be mean or rude it is just a question that you should really think about before you start this long debt ridden journey.

Have you been to a NY open house? I highly recommend it.

NYCPM's last date for acceptance is so late because we have a a large class and it takes a while to fill all the seats.

NYCPM also has a prematriculation class that they might require you take before a complete acceptance to the college. It is about 4-6 weeks of basic science classes and shaddowing in our clinic to see if in fact you can do well and if you are sure podiatry is for you.

Once you get the interview at NYCPM you'll hear in about a week whether or not you got accepted.

Good Luck.

Dr_Feelgood said:
I didn't not know that some schools don't cap there classes. I guess that reflects the school, are they in it to mass produce Pods or are the concern w/ producing strong physicians. This is probably why they don't want the board scores published. If they were published maybe they would choose to limit there classes.

All schools have class size limits. Some just never get enough qualified applicants to fill all the spots, so it seems like there is no cap.

Members don't see this ad :)
krabmas said:
I do student interviews at NYCPM. We do not get to see the grades and MCAT scores it is more of a personality interview.

Your GPA looks fine but the MCAT as you know is a little low. I have seen people get in with lower though.

Please make sure that you really want to be a foot doctor and have a pation for podiatry.

What makes you think that you can hack it in pod school with such a low PS MCAT score. I'm not trying to be mean or rude it is just a question that you should really think about before you start this long debt ridden journey.

Have you been to a NY open house? I highly recommend it.

NYCPM's last date for acceptance is so late because we have a a large class and it takes a while to fill all the seats.

NYCPM also has a prematriculation class that they might require you take before a complete acceptance to the college. It is about 4-6 weeks of basic science classes and shaddowing in our clinic to see if in fact you can do well and if you are sure podiatry is for you.

Once you get the interview at NYCPM you'll hear in about a week whether or not you got accepted.

Good Luck.

Thank you for replying to post, your comments really help me out a lot. No I haven't been to an open house yet and I'm planning on doing it. I know that there's one on march 11th and one on april 22nd. I know for sure that i want to be a podiatrist b/c i came from (Vietnam)which is a third world country and there manual labor is really intense and people spend countless hours on their feet to make a living and without money they cannot get treatments. I mean I have other reason for becoming a podiatrist but my goal and motivation to succeed as a great podiatrist is to provide podiatric care to those in poverty such as third world country. I feel that I can do well in Pod. school w/ such low physical science score is b/c I basically froze up during the day of my mcat and did not perform as well as i wanted to. I know that if i get a shot at podiatry school i'll put all of myself into succeeding b/c it's what i'll be doing later on in life and i HAVE to be a great podiatrist not just ok. So according to your previous post. Do you think i have a good shot for an interview at nycpm? thanks again.. i'm really scare after i post this now

I see, I honestly did not know about class sizes anywhere but DMU and Scholl.

My next question, do you think that the number of seats should be decreased if they aren't filled until the summer? I think that all the classes for all the schools should be filled by April or May. If not, then I think you get students who wanted to get into a DO or MD program that just want to get into school. That is why people then assume that as Pods, we wanted to be DOs/MDs but didn't get in.

I little personal info, i got into a great allopathic program but I chose podiatry. So I get disappointed sometimes w/ how Pod schools are run b/c they are not selective enough.

jonwill said:
It is a bit late for DMU but there are some slots open still. As far as the other schools, some of them don't have a cap so there is no such thing as "too late". Your point concerning the MCAT and scholarships is well taken though. On the other hand, taking a year off does delay your earning power by one year. I guess it all depends on where V4viet wants to go. If they don't get the program they want, I would wait a year. Taking a year off after college isn't the end of the world in my opinion but I don't know V4viet's situation.

Well my first school of choice is New York and second is Temple.. I did call the admission office and told them my situation and asked if it was too late and the admission office told me to apply so i trust them. I really dont want to wait a year b/c I want to get out in the world and contribute my knowledge as soon as possible. My goal is to travel the world and help out. I've been waiting to travel the world and help out people in third world countries for so long now that i dont want any delays.

krabmas said:

I agree w/ you krabmas. I've been working w/ the CPME reaccreditation committee at CPMS. One thing that we track at CPMS is: what is the profile of a student that is NOT successful at CPMS. The best predicting factor is there Physical Science score on there MCAT. Again, that is why I think you need to job shadow a Pod and see if this is what you want.

V4viet said:
Well my first school of choice is New York and second is Temple.. I did call the admission office and told them my situation and asked if it was too late and the admission office told me to apply so i trust them. I really dont want to wait a year b/c I want to get out in the world and contribute my knowledge as soon as possible. My goal is to travel the world and help out. I've been waiting to travel the world and help out people in third world countries for so long now that i dont want any delays.

This next comment is not to discourage you, I just think you might want to look into this a little more bcause ....

I am not sure about vietnam but many other countries require MDs to practice any type of medicine. THe countries that have pods some of their scops are way different from the US. If you really want to go back to vietnam look into this and make sure it will work for you to get a pod degree.

Dr_Feelgood said:
I agree w/ you krabmas. I've been working w/ the CPME reaccreditation committee at CPMS. One thing that we track at CPMS is: what is the profile of a student that is NOT successful at CPMS. The best predicting factor is there Physical Science score on there MCAT. Again, that is why I think you need to job shadow a Pod and see if this is what you want.

Thank you for keep on giving me your advices and opinion. I know that stats does show some correlation w/ mcat score and successful in pod school, however, i think im quiet unique in that if this is what i really want i can succeed.

krabmas said:
This next comment is not to discourage you, I just think you might want to look into this a little more bcause ....

I am not sure about vietnam but many other countries require MDs to practice any type of medicine. THe countries that have pods some of their scops are way different from the US. If you really want to go back to vietnam look into this and make sure it will work for you to get a pod degree.

hehehe dont worry it wont discourage me, I basically dont want to live in third world countries.. I just want to travel for example with the red cross and help out as much as I can and as for Vietnam I think that I can help do volunteer work there with a DPM. I just want to do volunteer work in other countries and not to work there. Thanks for your concerns on this part too.

V4viet said:
hehehe dont worry it wont discourage me, I basically dont want to live in third world countries.. I just want to travel for example with the red cross and help out as much as I can and as for Vietnam I think that I can help do volunteer work there with a DPM. I just want to do volunteer work in other countries and not to work there. Thanks for your concerns on this part too.

Just apply to some schools, send them your LOR's (premed committee and shadowed podiatrist) and transcripts. I believe that you will be fine getting into somewhere. Although your MCAT is a little low, your GPA is what they usually look at more. I had a 3.8GPA, but 19L & 20L (VR4) MCAT, I still was able to get interviews at any school I wanted, and got a 50% tuition scholarship from Scholl because of a GPA of 3.6 or greater. Of course they only grant so many scholarships to students who apply early enough. If you show them that you really want to do this, you should have no problem. Please do not be afraid of not getting in this year, each year there are spots not being filled at some schools. Although the deadline is somewhere in the beginning of July, have all your application complete by the end of Feb. I can understand you must of had an anxiety attack around the time of the MCAT, I had this two years in a row. Both times I took the test I was unable to sleep the night before because my unability to ever score higher than 7 on my verbal reasoning with timed or untimed tests. In my mind the MCAT is not a realiable predictor in medical school success because not every person who takes the MCAT is in their right mind.

Anyway, good luck :thumbup:

With your worldly experience, direction, and motivation - you will definitely get into a pod school this year...I would be willing to bet money on that. Honestly, do NOT wait if you know you want to go next year. From everyone I spoke to about admissions, in addition to my own experience when I interviewed - they LOVE worldly people with direction and motivation at least as much as (maybe more so than) they love good test scores. I think this is for good reasons too - they want real people and who have a passion and motivation...and some times, real people do not test well. You have a GPA that is more than acceptable and you have a lot to speak for. Your test scores wont mean much of anything, other than maybe a question in your interviews as to why they are low...to which you can respond anything such as "I wasnt prepared well," or "it was a bad day",etc..
I have not taken the MCAT nor the GRE yet and was accepted everywhere...based on my shadowing experience, letters of rec, other life experiences, science GPA, and most importantly...the interviews. Just hurry up and apply, you will be great!

V4viet said:

It's still possible for you to get in this year, and I heard Scholl was looking for around 90-95 students for their 2010 class. Definitely shadow a Podiatrist- there's a place to hook up with willing Pods on the AACPM site:
http://www.aacpm.org/contactpod/default.asp

Also, if a school is hesitant to accept you only because of your MCAT score, you might be able to convince them to hold your acceptance until you get a better score on the April test. Since you've already taken it once, just take a bunch of those practice tests and work through the answers, and you'll do better without a doubt.

If scholarships are a big factor for you, a better MCAT will indeed get you more scholarship money. Sure, you'd miss a year of future income to get the better score, but that's less debt accruing interest, and hey, you'd just retire a year later. In my view, a year or time off to get a good dose of the 'real world' is well worth it too.

doclm said:
Just apply to some schools, send them your LOR's (premed committee and shadowed podiatrist) and transcripts. I believe that you will be fine getting into somewhere. Although your MCAT is a little low, your GPA is what they usually look at more. I had a 3.8GPA, but 19L & 20L (VR4) MCAT, I still was able to get interviews at any school I wanted, and got a 50% tuition scholarship from Scholl because of a GPA of 3.6 or greater. Of course they only grant so many scholarships to students who apply early enough. If you show them that you really want to do this, you should have no problem. Please do not be afraid of not getting in this year, each year there are spots not being filled at some schools. Although the deadline is somewhere in the beginning of July, have all your application complete by the end of Feb. I can understand you must of had an anxiety attack around the time of the MCAT, I had this two years in a row. Both times I took the test I was unable to sleep the night before because my unability to ever score higher than 7 on my verbal reasoning with timed or untimed tests. In my mind the MCAT is not a realiable predictor in medical school success because not every person who takes the MCAT is in their right mind.

Anyway, good luck :thumbup:
Hey thanks a lot for the motivations.. I'm currently finishing up my applications and sending them out by the end of this week. I'm currently shadowing a podiatrist but i dont think i've been shadowing long enough yet to get a good rec. so i'll wait. Do you think that'll matter much? Would they still give me an interview and acceptance if i tell them i'll get the letter of rec to them after i shadow. Yeah i couldn't sleep till 2 in the morning the night b4 the mcat. I'm also applying to scholl for 2010 so maybe if i get in i'll see you there. You're gpa is a lot higher than mine though so i dont know. Hey do know what is a good school for podiatry? well thanks a lot again for taking your time out to respond to my message. Oh yeah how long until you hear from them after you submitt your application for an interview?

footloose said:
It's still possible for you to get in this year, and I heard Scholl was looking for around 90-95 students for their 2010 class. Definitely shadow a Podiatrist- there's a place to hook up with willing Pods on the AACPM site:
http://www.aacpm.org/contactpod/default.asp

Also, if a school is hesitant to accept you only because of your MCAT score, you might be able to convince them to hold your acceptance until you get a better score on the April test. Since you've already taken it once, just take a bunch of those practice tests and work through the answers, and you'll do better without a doubt.

If scholarships are a big factor for you, a better MCAT will indeed get you more scholarship money. Sure, you'd miss a year of future income to get the better score, but that's less debt accruing interest, and hey, you'd just retire a year later. In my view, a year or time off to get a good dose of the 'real world' is well worth it too.

Hey thanks man. Here are the schools that I'm applying to. New York, Temple, Ohio, Scholl, and DMU. Do you think w/ my gpa and test scores i'll get accepted into at least one of those school? How soon after you send in your application did you hear from them for an interview?

runnersfeet said:
With your worldly experience, direction, and motivation - you will definitely get into a pod school this year...I would be willing to bet money on that. Honestly, do NOT wait if you know you want to go next year. From everyone I spoke to about admissions, in addition to my own experience when I interviewed - they LOVE worldly people with direction and motivation at least as much as (maybe more so than) they love good test scores. I think this is for good reasons too - they want real people and who have a passion and motivation...and some times, real people do not test well. You have a GPA that is more than acceptable and you have a lot to speak for. Your test scores wont mean much of anything, other than maybe a question in your interviews as to why they are low...to which you can respond anything such as "I wasnt prepared well," or "it was a bad day",etc..
I have not taken the MCAT nor the GRE yet and was accepted everywhere...based on my shadowing experience, letters of rec, other life experiences, science GPA, and most importantly...the interviews. Just hurry up and apply, you will be great!

Hey thanks a lot. Everyone on this forum is so nice and so motivating. I'm glad that you all are going to be future podiatrist. I'm just starting to shadow a podiatrist right now and im going to tell them that i'll send in the rec. after i finish shadowing. Do you think i'll get an interview and acceptance even w/out the shadowing letter? I mean i'll definately send the shadowing letter later after i finish shadowing. HOw long until you hear from them for an interview after you finish your application? I really hope i get in because there's a lot of things i want to do as a podiatrist in the future. Oh yeah do you know much about the schools ranking?

V4viet said:
Hey thanks a lot for the motivations.. I'm currently finishing up my applications and sending them out by the end of this week. I'm currently shadowing a podiatrist but i dont think i've been shadowing long enough yet to get a good rec. so i'll wait. Do you think that'll matter much? Would they still give me an interview and acceptance if i tell them i'll get the letter of rec to them after i shadow. Yeah i couldn't sleep till 2 in the morning the night b4 the mcat. I'm also applying to scholl for 2010 so maybe if i get in i'll see you there. You're gpa is a lot higher than mine though so i dont know. Hey do know what is a good school for podiatry? well thanks a lot again for taking your time out to respond to my message. Oh yeah how long until you hear from them after you submitt your application for an interview?

Your very welcome, I am glad to help you.

Some of the better schools are DMU, Scholl, and Temple, however the best school depends on where you feel the most comfortable. Any school will get you where you want to be. It comes down to what you are looking for in a school? Good board pass rates, Research with option of PhD, Types of clinical experiences? I believe tht Scholl has really good resources as for research and a demanding yet rewarding curriculm. On the other hand DMU has the best pass rates and really good clinical experieces in trama and a really demanding curriculm. I only shadowed a Podiatrist for two days and got a LOR after that. I think you should still do more shadowing, but get your LOR in ASAP. Some schools require you to get this in before you get an interview. Usually, they will get back to you within a 1-2 weeks for an interview.

Good Luck.

doclm said:
Your very welcome, I am glad to help you.

Some of the better schools are DMU, Scholl, and Temple, however the best school depends on where you feel the most comfortable. Any school will get you where you want to be. It comes down to what you are looking for in a school? Good board pass rates, Research with option of PhD, Types of clinical experiences? I believe tht Scholl has really good resources as for research and a demanding yet rewarding curriculm. On the other hand DMU has the best pass rates and really good clinical experieces in trama and a really demanding curriculm. I only shadowed a Podiatrist for two days and got a LOR after that. I think you should still do more shadowing, but get your LOR in ASAP. Some schools require you to get this in before you get an interview. Usually, they will get back to you within a 1-2 weeks for an interview.

Good Luck.

Does scholl require a LOR from a podiatrist? thanks again doclm

V4viet said:
Does scholl require a LOR from a podiatrist? thanks again doclm

I believe they do, however I am not sure if they make special considerations if you are currently shadowing one. Like I said before, just get a LOR and keep shadowing.

Does anyone know if Scholl is still accepting applications? Is the 2006 entering class full? Also, does anyone know if someone has already applied to these schools, do we still have to send in new LOR's?

V4viet said:
Hi guys, I've been reading a lot of posting about acceptance rate for all of the schools. I know there there are a lot of individuals in here who are from different schools. I'm applying to all of the schools above so if anyone from each school can give me an answer that would be awesome. I really want to get into podiatry school but I'm really scare right now.
My overall gpa is 3.36, science gpa is 3.125, non-science gpa is 3.68
I've been volunteering at the hospital for a while
I was vice-president of community services at my school.
I also went to a summer medical educatino program at UVA. ( one of the most competitive summer enrichment program)
I have MCAT score of 17M (P.S =3/ VR=6/ BIO= 8)

I was wondering with those qualifications, will I get an interview and acceptance to any schools at all? I'm a 4th year at VCU right now and as you guys remember seeing all of your friends having a place to go after college is kind of sad b/c i dont know where im going after college yet. My application will be finished at the end of this month (Feb 28, 2006) and how long does it take for them to give me an interview? Is that too late to apply? NYCPM /DMU/TUSPM/ SCHOLL all sound great to me. so please please help me.. im in desperation here.

Just apply and most of the schools will probably offer you an interview. According to me, 2 or 3 of them may accept you.

good luck

This is from personal experience at Temple.. There was a student who interviewed the day before classes started and was accepted on the spot.. I'm not sure what his GPA/MCAT was like, but it goes to show that it is never too late to apply to some schools.

Also, I know that they accept students without receiving their letters of recommendation as long as they do well at the interview.

hug793 said:
This is from personal experience at Temple.. There was a student who interviewed the day before classes started and was accepted on the spot.. I'm not sure what his GPA/MCAT was like, but it goes to show that it is never too late to apply to some schools.

Also, I know that they accept students without receiving their letters of recommendation as long as they do well at the interview.

Thanks a lot, actually I've just recieved an invitation for an interview at scholl this march 15th. Any advices? also are you a female or male b/c it seem like most of the people on this forum are males, just trying to make some new friends that's all, couldn't tell by your screen name hug793. anyway do u want to chat on AIM somtimes? oh yeah i dont have a letter of rec. from a podiatrist yet to give to temple, do you think that'll be a prob and will they give me an interview based on 1 letter?

OOK said:
Just apply and most of the schools will probably offer you an interview. According to me, 2 or 3 of them may accept you.

good luck

Thanks a lot for the motivation.. i really hope so and oh yeah im going to have a new thread about podiatry as a career so i would love to hear your opinion on that too.

look, you're a decent candidate and your stats seem much better than some of the others that have been bragging around here lately.

Please do yourself a big favor and apply to temple, iowa and arizona. oh yeah, and scholl too.... Don't get hung up on school location!!!! It might not be the right school for you!!!

Thank-you for taking our profession seriously in undergrad and working hard.

Keep it up in a decent podiatry school and you'll do great!

whiskers said:
look, you're a decent candidate and your stats seem much better than some of the others that have been bragging around here lately.

Please do yourself a big favor and apply to temple, iowa and arizona. oh yeah, and scholl too.... Don't get hung up on school location!!!! It might not be the right school for you!!!

Thank-you for taking our profession seriously in undergrad and working hard.

Keep it up in a decent podiatry school and you'll do great!

Thanks a lot Whiskers, it means a lot coming from you because I've been reading a lot on your comments.. hehehe I must say you just gave me a lot of confidence there. However, i applied to new york, temple, iowa, ohio, and school. I just got an interview at scholl for march 15 today. For these other schools, unfortunately i dont have a rec from a podiatrist yet... do you think they'll give me an interview anyway? and oh yeah do you think i'll qualify for a scholarship somewhere? on your opinion what is the best pod school?

"do you think they'll give me an interview anyway?"

More than likely. Just make sure you complete the requirement. It's as much for your benefit as it is for the profession as a whole. It isn't in any of our interests as a profession letting folks in who don't completely understand the nature of the work.

It's hazardous working with human body fluids, it's not all glam and fame. Make sure you do some nursing home visits to get the other side of life.

"and oh yeah do you think i'll qualify for a scholarship somewhere?"
Don't be fooled by scholarships. Please, let that be your last concern for a school that you have selected for 100000 other reasons.....

"what is the best pod school?"
well, I'd suggest looking at temple, iowa and arizona.

Also, please, please consider
1. # of full time basic science faculty who can put the time in for YOUR expensive education that you are PAYING FOR! EXPECT THE BEST!
2. # of students in a class. 1 prof for 90 studs is pushing it in my opinion.
3. Class hours. this relates to #1....If you're taking classes at weird hours b/c the school is saving money by working around a profs already busy schedule.....

WILL YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO STUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? classes after 5pm are a big no-go in my book!
How the devil are you going to study for pod school (it's suppose to be pod school, right?) if you are in class until 7 pm???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Make it a weekend hobby???? Lol!
Figure 2-3 hrs of study for each hour of lecture period!!!!!!!!
A decent school in my opinion would consider that the student's education is more important than $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for flashy ads, tons of scholarships and bells and whistles.

And if you'r cramming b/c of the schedule, WILL YOU REMEMBER IT (the material)?>?

So I guess, # 1 with the full time faculty can be pretty dam important!

P.S. Look at their entire program, if they have weird hours, I'd suggest moving on!!

10 hours at school a day kind of takes away from your time to study!

Cheers!

V4viet said:
Hey thanks man. Here are the schools that I'm applying to. New York, Temple, Ohio, Scholl, and DMU. Do you think w/ my gpa and test scores i'll get accepted into at least one of those school? How soon after you send in your application did you hear from them for an interview?

Well, I applied to Temple, Scholl, and Ohio, i recieved an interview invite from Temple 2 days after my application was submitted online and fee was recieved, i recieved an interview invite approximately three weeks later from Ohio and a month later from Scholl. I only attended the Temple interview and was accepted so I didn't want to interview at Scholl and Ohio because it is my first choice.

whiskers said:
"do you think they'll give me an interview anyway?"

More than likely. Just make sure you complete the requirement. It's as much for your benefit as it is for the profession as a whole. It isn't in any of our interests as a profession letting folks in who don't completely understand the nature of the work.

It's hazardous working with human body fluids, it's not all glam and fame. Make sure you do some nursing home visits to get the other side of life.

"and oh yeah do you think i'll qualify for a scholarship somewhere?"
Don't be fooled by scholarships. Please, let that be your last concern for a school that you have selected for 100000 other reasons.....

"what is the best pod school?"
well, I'd suggest looking at temple, iowa and arizona.

Also, please, please consider
1. # of full time basic science faculty who can put the time in for YOUR expensive education that you are PAYING FOR! EXPECT THE BEST!
2. # of students in a class. 1 prof for 90 studs is pushing it in my opinion.
3. Class hours. this relates to #1....If you're taking classes at weird hours b/c the school is saving money by working around a profs already busy schedule.....

WILL YOU HAVE ENOUGH TIME TO STUDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? classes after 5pm are a big no-go in my book!
How the devil are you going to study for pod school (it's suppose to be pod school, right?) if you are in class until 7 pm???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Make it a weekend hobby???? Lol!
Figure 2-3 hrs of study for each hour of lecture period!!!!!!!!
A decent school in my opinion would consider that the student's education is more important than $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for flashy ads, tons of scholarships and bells and whistles.

And if you'r cramming b/c of the schedule, WILL YOU REMEMBER IT (the material)?>?

So I guess, # 1 with the full time faculty can be pretty dam important!

P.S. Look at their entire program, if they have weird hours, I'd suggest moving on!!

10 hours at school a day kind of takes away from your time to study!

Cheers!

Hey thanks again, what about scholl? i have an interview there for march 15th. Any advices? oh yeah can you reply to my other forum too please i would love to hear your opinion on it. it's about the smells and getting used to .. posted by V4viet heheh thanks man

BengaliDocIsl said:
Well, I applied to Temple, Scholl, and Ohio, i recieved an interview invite from Temple 2 days after my application was submitted online and fee was recieved, i recieved an interview invite approximately three weeks later from Ohio and a month later from Scholl. I only attended the Temple interview and was accepted so I didn't want to interview at Scholl and Ohio because it is my first choice.

thanks again for replying. How was the interview at temple? and how nice is the campus? do u think i have a shot for a scholarship there?

V4viet said:
thanks again for replying. How was the interview at temple? and how nice is the campus? do u think i have a shot for a scholarship there?

the interview was soooo easy and stress free, i could tell i was in already based on how the interview was going, with your g.p.a and MCAT you would probably get a $2,500 or $5,000 scholarship, i got a $12,000 schoarship with a 3.45 overall g.p.a and 3.47 science g.p.a and 23 MCAT.