NYCOM Roomate wanted

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monchiormeno

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I'm a single hispanic female. I have a little 20pound dog (she's two years old, house trained and spayed) and living room furniture and of course, my bedroom furniture.
I'm looking for someone that would be interested in getting an appartment in the NYCOM area. If you are interested please e-mail me at [email protected]
I currently live in southern VA, but I'll be able to go house hunting anytime during the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

Im not looking for a room mate at this moment but it may be a possibility. I was more interested in if anyone knew where in the heck one could find an apartment around NYCOM. I contacted the admissions office but they don't have any lists or anything available.

Call and get access to their in-house student webboard. I was told this is where alot of first years "meet" to find a place together. There's a bunch of apartments under "housing" and also under "student affairs" on there. There's not alot of first years on there yet, but they told me it picks up in first-year traffic in early june as incoming students start to apartment hunt. Popular towns to live in are glen cove, oyster bay, roslyn, hicksville, westbury, and little neck. I'm going to be living by myself in glen cove, but I'm paying out the roof to live alone.

Members don't see this ad :)
Pafbdoc,

How much are you paying and are you going to be living in someone's house?? I'm also going to be a first year this comming August and I was just hoping to get a ballpark figure of how much others are paying.

I'm living in the guest house/apartment of an old estate in oyster bay and it's costing me $750/month, all included. You should be able to find a place with roommate for around $500 a month or less. A friend of mine at nycom had her apartment in first and second year for $450/month in glen cove. It takes some leg work, but it can be done.