NYCOM Discussion Thread 2011-2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I called as well and the woman I spoke with was very nice. She said it was still early which is probably why most of the February interviewees haven’t heard back yet :)

Gee wow! Congrats!!!!

Glad you called! Thanks and Congrats to those accepted!

Members don't see this ad.

Got the acceptance today

In state
Complete in October
28P
3.6 gpa
Interview Feb 14

Acceptance letter today

in state
interview feb 8th
29p
3.75 gpa

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know where we apply for the DPC program? I didn't see any options to check whether we want to apply or not

I am sure people will be receiving acceptances in the mail throughout the week. USPS isn't exactly the most reliable service and they may have sent peoples acceptances out on different days.

congrats everyone on the acceptances:thumbup:
interviewed feb 1st and still havent heard back, the wait is killing me :scared:

Here’s to hoping we get mail tomorrow :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sure, 3.45, 29R, extensive research and clinical experience

When did you interview? Anyone hear from the early february group?

I Interviewed on Feb 14th, and I was accepted Wednesday March 14th (yesterday) so they got back to me in exactly one month. I actually called yesterday morning before the mail came and they gave me the same response everyone gets, the committee is still reviewing you application lol but clearly it was already reviewed. So to be honest ide say its pointless calling, everyone just has to keep the faith and wait it out. And I'm instate, i know someone will eventually ask that lol

Early feb interviewee here, and nope, no response yet. I called, and got the same response of the committee reviewing my app..
Congrats to those accepted and good luck to everyone waiting.

Accepted, interviewed Feb. 8th..heard March 12th. OOS 3.5 gpa, 28Q

ACCEPTED
INTERVIEWED FEB 15TH
LETTER DATED MARCH 12TH
POSTMARKED MARCH 13TH
ARRIVED MARCH 15TH
STATS … 26 MCAT, 3.82 GPA, INSTATE
:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Congrats to everyone accepted and to those that have yet to hear back I wish you guys the best of luck ! :)

Have an awesome day everyone !

Similar to a lot of people wait listed... I think ECs and interview can make or break an applicant!

I agree! my stats are def a lil low but I think my ECs really pushed me over the top.

I've waited forever to make this post...

ACCEPTED!!!

In-state, 3.7 GPA, 28P, lots of ECs and research...
Interviewed Feb. 15th and received my letter today... IM ECSTATIC!

Good luck everyone :xf:

wait listed. 33S, 3.9, IS. any idea of the likelihood of accepted off the wait list? :confused:

Good luck for wait list. When did you interview? Thanks and good luck again!

Feb 28th. looking at last year's thread, being wait-listed is basically a rejection. very disappointed to say the least.

Feb 28th. looking at last year's thread, being wait-listed is basically a rejection. very disappointed to say the least.

anyone get good news yesterday? anyone actually receiving rejections following the interview or is it only waitlisting?

thoughts on the longer it takes to hear back correlating to less acceptance? 5 weeks since my interview.

WHY the hell is nycom raising tuition up to 60k for the last year if we enter this class..arghhhhh!!!!

Just got an interview invite for mid april . Completed mid January. Are there still even spots available. Or am i interviewing for a waitlist automatically?

Not sure if they are interviewing for WL or if there are open spots but if you are local and it wnt cost you anything to go then def go! And if this is ur shot for pursuing medicine then go even if you are in Hawaii lol

they wouldnt bother interviewing for waitlist spots at this point. they have already waitlisted a lot of people. i think you are good for a possible acceptance

just curious, anyone from the march 1st PM group get accepted or waitlisted yet??

I interviewd 2/01, and I still haven't heard back. I called last thursday and the lady told me my decision has been sent out. I called again and another lady told me that no decision has been made! Iknow a lot of people who interviewed with me and after me that already heard back!

just withdrew my acceptance. hopefully it goes to someone who deserves it, good luck guys.

is there an official class of 20126 nycom page? or at least some general idea how one could gauge how many people have been accepted and actually planning on going?

Interviewed on 2/2, still no response. The school is painfully slow.

From what i understand after calling them, they don't send out rejection letters. So if you "dont hear back by May assume you were rejected"

hey member 561, i interviewed on feb 1st and still have not heard back. I know a few people that interviewed the same day and after me that heard back already. May I ask what your stats are? I was thinking about sending a letter of intent

i called yesterday and they said they will inform you of any decision, including rejections. sounds like they arent giving everyone the same info.