NYCOM dining

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DKCDO

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey NYCOMers,

do u guys have a microwave? Fridge? to store your lunches? How is the food? better off bringing own?

Are you folks allowed to chow during lecture?

Thanks for your input

Danny

Members don't see this ad.

Good question, I'm just beginning the application process so it's quite abit premature for me to be thinking that far inadvance, but I am interested in NYCOM and would love to hear from some of the current students.

Originally posted by DKCDO
Hey NYCOMers,

do u guys have a microwave? Fridge? to store your lunches? How is the food? better off bringing own?

Are you folks allowed to chow during lecture?

Thanks for your input

Danny

YES, we have a bunch of microwaves and a 4-5 fridges to store your food. The food is alright, this is the first year that they've served hot food so hopefully they can just get better

Yes, we can eat during lectures, it would be really tough to get through some lectures if we couldn't.

Don't worry about medical school just yet. Like i've been telling others that have been accepted, use this summer to just have FUN!!!!! Don't study and don't even think about studying. You won't retain anything and whatever you do retain you might not need to know for the test. Just party!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think the food's pretty decent at nycom. They serve hot breakfast from 8-11am and lunch/dinner from 11am- 7pm. It's reasonably priced too, except for the starbucks coffee which is a rip. Down with starbucks, in with dunkin donuts.

Any water coolers?
I need a lot of H2O!

And of course..........How are the bathrooms? Best places to do your business? I am really picky about sitting on messy seats. Please let me know the scoop.

That's great that they serve dinner too. DO people actually go? Or is it better to stop off Wendy's sometime and lavish on their 99cent values?

Thanks for the input

DDO

They have water fountains, no coolers. People do eat there because you just get tired of going to get fast food, plus it's quick, dont need to drive anywhere.
I don't know what to tell you about the bathrooms, they're fine, I was never picky about that so I never really thought about it.

I'd recommend the 2nd bowl on the third floor of NYCOM III.....