NY Times Article on Toradol Use in Sports

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh great...first it was opioids, now these people are going to give anti-inflammatory meds like Toradol a bad reputation too. Every medication will have some side effects. At least Toradol does not have the abuse potential that opioids have.

It would be quite sad if they really are just lining players up for toradol injections with no diagnoses being made. Don't these idiot players care about their own bodies? I know, they care more about being able to play today than nursing an injury tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
It would be quite sad if they really are just lining players up for toradol injections with no diagnoses being made. Don't these idiot players care about their own bodies? I know, they care more about being able to play today than nursing an injury tomorrow.

Of course they don't, but if they start having any complications for the excessive NSAID use, they'll be suing the NFL. I watched an interview with Brian Urlacher during the season where he said that he did it to prevent pain during the game. When asked about all the potential complications from them he said that he did not care and would continue playing through it.

That's the norm. They order the vials themselves and throw them at you to inject prior to them going onto the field.