NY housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Barbara

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

do any of you know about any housing in NY area? I will be taking a Kaplan course in Manhattan from Janurary 1 to April 1. Where would you suggest me to look?

Thank you all.

Barb

Members don't see this ad.

finding housing in nyc is so difficult that i actually wrote about it in one of my secondary "hardships i had to overcome" essays, hahahaha. well there was a bit more to the essay than that but yeah, finding housing is a beotch. where in manhattan is the course? i would suggest going to the off campus housing offices of the major universities in manhattan, ie. columbia, nyu, etc. also check the village voice newspaper and online edition. there are also tons of housing websites but i cant think of any off the top of my head. good luck

check out craig's list for sublets/temps

Members don't see this ad :)
housing in manhattan is super expensive though. if you want to save some money, you can try an apartment in one of the boroughs and take a train into the city (it's really not that bad). but if you can pick up a copy of a new york newspaper, they have classifieds that you can look at, you can see if they have it online at the newspaper sites.

There's always New Jersey.
Get someplace close to the New Jersey Transit rail lines.
But if you're moving to the area just to take a Kaplan course, they have Kaplan courses in East Hanover, New Jersey, where apartments should be much cheaper.