Number of total interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MC2005

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Guys and Gals,

I was just wondering how many interviews you think it is going to take to match this year?

Do people have 10 or more interviews lined up or 15 or 20 interviews. What is the most that anyone has been able to schedule (that is able to attend). I tried and have only been able to schedule 10.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm kind of curious about "how many" it will take to feel confident. I've got 15 set up right now and don't feel either confident or screwed. I think the 15 scheduled are more based on a number than anything else and I'm getting the feeling in the early interviews that most places would rather have an established researcher. Maybe I'm wrong.

I really think it only takes one where you hit it off with the attendings and where you, for whatever reason, match what they want.

I've been told that 15 +/- 2 is a good number to go to.

Having said that, since this forum isn't monitored by program directors, we're really only guessing at this stuff.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have 17 offers, 15 set up, 2 in the process of scheduling. I think this is a little overkill but I'm couples matching so overkill might be necessary. Good luck everyone

in talking to residents on interviews, 10 sounds to be the magic number for when you're highly likely to match, provided that you're not just going to hyper-competitive programs.

so those of you who have 15 are like, guaranteed to match, and probably into a great program if you have so many invitations.

that said, i'm also only in your shoes, so what do i know.

:D