number of LOR to send

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flipflopsnsnow

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I was worried and went overboard in asking for lots of LOR. I have 4 total, and was going to ask for one from my externship.
Now I am wondering (barring all are "good" ones), how many to send? Looking on Frieda it seems that most places ask for 3, some 4. So do I send only that number? Or can I send more? How many is too many? How many should be from my specialty of interest?
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE sdn! ;)

Members don't see this ad.

flipflopsnsnow said:
Okay, so I was worried and went overboard in asking for lots of LOR. I have 4 total, and was going to ask for one from my externship.
Now I am wondering (barring all are "good" ones), how many to send? Looking on Frieda it seems that most places ask for 3, some 4. So do I send only that number? Or can I send more? How many is too many? How many should be from my specialty of interest?
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! i LOVE sdn! ;)

You can upload as many as you want (I had 7 in ERAS) but you can only transmit 4 (at a time) to any given program. All programs require 3 and will accept 4. I have posted previously on how to transmit >4 letters to a particular program.

Good luck,

BE (now PE)

We were advised not to submit anything other than the # specified by the program... otherwise they think you can't follow directions.