Nuig 5/6yr program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bexbex

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, first of all, congratulations to all of those who got accepted!
I just have a quick question for those who already paid their deposits and are for sure going to Nuig...
Have you guys started looking for accommodation?

Also, for those students who are currently studying at NUIG, are you guys willing to share your experience? (how are the classes... student life... etc..)

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I accepted my offer yesterday for NUIG 5 year program. I have been looking for accommodation too but it is hard to find places close by!
Have you made a deposit for a place to stay yet?

I applied to the NUIG 5 year program, but have not received and offer yet. Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm just curious.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied to the NUIG 5 year program, but have not received and offer yet. Would you mind sharing your stats? I'm just curious.

I wonder why it keeps saying "me appleid" when I typed "I applied to..."

Edit: Something is definitely wrong here.....

I applied to the 5 year program. What were your stats like?

Screen_Shot_2014_04_01_at_13_57_30.png

I'm still interested in stat of people that were accepted though.

Hey guys. If you are looking for accommodation, beware of a scam. I emailed a private renter and then checked his listing and it didn't match up. Apparently, he asks for money before giving you the keys for the place and then disappears. Here is the link http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=76833. He sent me the exact same email but just changed his name.
And @ Steele my stats aren't too impressive I was just lucky.
Good luck guys! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys. If you are looking for accommodation, beware of a scam. I emailed a private renter and then checked his listing and it didn't match up. Apparently, he asks for money before giving you the keys for the place and then disappears. Here is the link http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=76833. He sent me the exact same email but just changed his name.
And @ Steele my stats aren't too impressive I was just lucky.
Good luck guys! :)

Yes watch out never give deposit without signing a contract

Hey guys, I accepted NUIG for the 6-year program- joining fresh from high school! I got a room at Dunaras Village, it's a student residence that looks pretty fun. Hurry up and book soon, though! It fills up fast.

Hey guys, I accepted NUIG for the 6-year program- joining fresh from high school! I got a room at Dunaras Village, it's a student residence that looks pretty fun. Hurry up and book soon, though! It fills up fast.
when did you get your acceptance? aka were you 2nd round or 1st round?

Hello, could all of you please share your stats? I am hoping to apply to five year programs or six if I have to.
I have a 3.8 college gap, all As in biology including micro ad pathology silly, three chem courses, one physics and two math courses. I have volunteered long term care and am a certified nursing aide. I am aiming for either Galway or Cork even though this is a thread for NUIGALWAY.

Hey guys I also got accepted into NUIG for the 6-year program.

hey guys, i'm Nigerian and applying to the 5 yr programs at TCD and NUIG....dyu knw of any Nigerians or Africans in those schools and what stats they had on applying.

Hello all,

I'm a first year medical sciences student at Western University (Ontario), and I applied to the 5 year program at TCD, UCD, UCC, and NUIG last fall. Last week (on april 2nd) I received an offer of admission from Galway. I was wondering whether I should expect possibly another offer, as Galway is only giving me 3 weeks to send my acceptance form and the 4000 euro deposit. I obviously do not want to risk not accepting this offer, only to not get an offer from the other schools, but I would like your honest opinions in terms of my chances of getting another offer. My grade 12 average was 90% and my overall high school average was 92% and I finished my first semester at Western with an 84%. I believe both my reference letters were very strong (one from my chemistry teacher with a PhD, and the other from my English teacher who knew me very well). I have spoken to my parents, and they are more than willing to "sacrifice" the deposit to Galway in the event that I get in elsewhere (trinity, ucd or Cork). On a side note, if there are any current Canadian/American med students at Galway, let me know how you are liking the school, the town, etc. (out of all the schools and cities in Ireland, I am least familiar with Galway). Thanks in advance!

Reactions: 1 user