NSU Master of Biomedical Sciences 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just talked to a current student in the program and she said they might have another round of interviews but it's highly unlikely.

Members don't see this ad.

Instate student in the med route. Still haven't heard and I'm FREAKING out. This was my dream. I called this morning (4-20-18) and they said that my application is still under review and that if I didn't qualify or a decision was made, she could tell me. Mine is still under review...... Hoping for a miracle at this point.
Which number did you call?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got into dental school guys!!! There should be an open interview spot open now :)

Reactions: 3 users
So do you guys think all the interviews have been sent out already? I live pretty close to NOVA and haven't received anything rejection wise in the mail either.

So do you guys think all the interviews have been sent out already? I live pretty close to NOVA and haven't received anything rejection wise in the mail either.

I feel like if they were really done with interviews they would reject everyone by now. I gave a call last week and I'm still "under review". I tried to ask about another round of interviews (knowing they can't really give me an answer) but the representative told me to keep holding on/ waiting..they might be thinking about how to proceed next but regardless, I and the rest of you should still stay somewhat hopeful. The only individuals holding the true answers are apart of the admissions committee.

Reactions: 1 users
I’m dying to know what’s going to happen. Patiently but anxiously waiting. Last year they sent out 3 batches of interviews on April 6th, April 10th, April 24th. So far, only 2 have been sent for this cycle on April 9th, 12th. Given that last year the last interview day was May 12th and this year the last interview day is May 16th, I’d say there’s a good chance another round will be sent out before Friday.

Reactions: 1 user
So I just interviewed and I was talking to the person in charge of our group and I asked him if they were still sending out interview invitations and he said that no more batches of interviews were going to go out, but they are still calling some ppl because a few students that got interview invites withdraw their invitation due to acceptances somewhere else so they have to fill out those spots.
Total of applicants this year were 612 and 80 were invited for an interview.
I wish luck to all of you, you might still receive that email ;)

I think it's best we just not speculate. The more we do, the more we spook ourselves out. It's not a rejection until we have the physical letter in our hands. Let's just all hope for the best.

Reactions: 4 users
when is last day for interview because still waiting for positive or negative sides?
also do anyone got email or phone for waitlist as well?

Members don't see this ad :)
The last day listed was May 16th. Does anyone know how many students are accepted to the MBS program?

So I just interviewed and I was talking to the person in charge of our group and I asked him if they were still sending out interview invitations and he said that no more batches of interviews were going to go out, but they are still calling some ppl because a few students that got interview invites withdraw their invitation due to acceptances somewhere else so they have to fill out those spots.
How was your interview? Was it mostly casual and any difficult questions?

Did anyone got rejection letter or email please?

oops should have specified. The time as in am and pm. If interviews begin 830am what time do they actually end?:)
You get there earlier than 8:30 and they will speak to you about the program and stuff like that, then you will go on a tour with the current mbs students and speak to them, and then they will call one by one to go interview, depending if you are the first one or last one to go in but more or less you will be done around 12

You get there earlier than 8:30 and they will speak to you about the program and stuff like that, then you will go on a tour with the current mbs students and speak to them, and then they will call one by one to go interview, depending if you are the first one or last one to go in but more or less you will be done around 12
Thank you very much. :)

Has anyone received a rejection? Or called the number and told they were rejected?
Nope, but at this point I'm just waiting for one to come. I don't understand why rejection letters weren't sent out the week of interviews, it's very nerve wrecking

Guys, they are still sending out interviews. I just received an invitation for an interview.

Reactions: 2 users
I also just got an invite to interview! Woo!

Hey there:) I was wondering during the 830-1200 interview timing you or anyone else took a break to eat lunch or snack etc? Just wanted to plan if I should bring my lunch there.

Hey there:) I was wondering during the 830-1200 interview timing you or anyone else took a break to eat lunch or snack etc? Just wanted to plan if I should bring my lunch there.
For my interview I just took a granola bar just in case, but didn’t end up eating it and grabbed lunch afterwards.

Would wearing a suit be too much? I want to look for professional

Is the last interview date still May 16th now that more interview invitations have been sent out ?

Would wearing a suit be too much? I want to look for professional
You should absolutely wear a suit- I would go so far as to say it's expected unless it's not feasible for you (e.g. if you don't own one, can't afford one, etc.) which I'm sure they would understand.

BEYOND excited to announce that I just received my acceptance call!! SO excited to start this program. Best of luck to you all!

(I’m dental track)

BEYOND excited to announce that I just received my acceptance call!! SO excited to start this program. Best of luck to you all!

(I’m dental track)
For real ? So weird Lol they said in the interview that they were going to start calling once interviews were done which is after May 16
But congratulations :highfive:

For real ? So weird Lol they said in the interview that they were going to start calling once interviews were done which is after May 16
But congratulations :highfive:

That’s what they said to me yesterday as well, I was shocked to hear so early! But I’m glad I heard so quickly!

I got accepted as well. Im on dental track. My interview was on 4/20.

(I’m dental track)
They called you? I didnt receive any call, i got my acceptance through email. When was your interview?

They called you? I didnt receive any call, i got my acceptance through email. When was your interview?

Yes, they called my house first but I wasn’t home. Then I got the email. Then I got another call on my cell around 4:30.

Do you know if there is a fb group for accepted students?

Do you know if there is a fb group for accepted students?
I’m not sure. I don’t have a Facebook so I haven’t looked. But If not, I’m sure they’ll make one very soon.