NS exams scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted812153

Hi Guys, taking 6/1 here.

I finished NS4 today. My scores for NS1 NS2 then Ns4 was like this: 510, 509, 506.

Subjectively, I feel like the NS tests are getting waaay harder as you move to the next one. #1 felt so much easier than NS2 and 4. Does that sound like your experience?

Also, are the NS test scores based on percentage correct or by percentile? If it's by percentile, then I figure that normies are less likely to take each sequential exam, leaving me by competition with the STEMlords, ergo my scores are dropping.

Members don't see this ad.

Yep, totally agree. Also, their CARS overall is much difficult than any AAMC material I've encountered. They word things so tricky.....

Your scores are pretty good for NS :)

Reactions: 1 user
I think NS scores are pre-determined and not based off of others. My NS scores dropped as well on 3/4 although I was super distracted w/ finals when I took 4. I also thought 3/4 were much more specific in terms of content and the answer choices were unnecessarily tricky

Just take the AAMC FLs if you want a somewhat accurate estimate of your score

Just finished NS 2 and went from 511 to 510, but it felt WAY harder than 1. Especially Chem Phys

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Guys, taking 6/1 here.

I finished NS4 today. My scores for NS1 NS2 then Ns4 was like this: 510, 509, 506.

Subjectively, I feel like the NS tests are getting waaay harder as you move to the next one. #1 felt so much easier than NS2 and 4. Does that sound like your experience?

Also, are the NS test scores based on percentage correct or by percentile? If it's by percentile, then I figure that normies are less likely to take each sequential exam, leaving me by competition with the STEMlords, ergo my scores are dropping.

Is there any particular reason I should skip 3?

Chem/Phys kicked my butt in NS 2. :oops:

So gen chem/physics heavy but not in a good way

I seem to have a major problem applying force/energy/kinematic physics concepts to passages

You and I seem to have similar prep schedules since we've done NS1 and 2 and both took the second today. What other tests do you plan on taking before test day and what date in June do you test?

As an interesting side note it looks as if we reside in the same city.

Last edited:
So gen chem/physics heavy but not in a good way

I seem to have a major problem applying force/energy/kinematic physics concepts to passages

You and I seem to have similar prep schedules since we've done NS1 and 2 and both took the second today. What other tests do you plan on taking before test day and what date in June do you test?

As an interesting side note it looks as if we reside in the same city.

I'm planning on taking NS 3 and 4, complete the section bank, do the sample test, and finish off with AAMC FL 1 and 2. If I have time, I'd like to do an EK FL. I'm taking the exam June 1st, you? And yay for meeting other fellow Ohioans. ;)

I mean, there's nothing wrong with 3. I just didn't wanna do it anymore at the time, gave up and haven't retaken it yet.

I mean, there's nothing wrong with 3. I just didn't wanna do it anymore at the time, gave up and haven't retaken it yet.
So I ended up taking NS4 over 3 after reading multiple threads that said it was better and it was higher than my score on both NS1 and NS2. CARS is still way harder than necessary (seems to be a trend for all their tests), but I found it comparable to the AAMC sample and FL1.

I'm planning on taking NS 3 and 4, complete the section bank, do the sample test, and finish off with AAMC FL 1 and 2. If I have time, I'd like to do an EK FL. I'm taking the exam June 1st, you? And yay for meeting other fellow Ohioans. ;)

Completely the same here but I test June 17th. Currently getting held up with application busy work tho. Hopefully that starts to ease up as this week goes on