NRMP Match Week and SOAP Schedule and Resources Email?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
if we applied to more than 1 specialty will we know tomorrow which specialty we matched into? I know we wont know what program but which field would be nice to know

if we applied to more than 1 specialty will we know tomorrow which specialty we matched into? I know we wont know what program but which field would be nice to know
No. It just says whether you're matched or not. Unless one of the specialties is advanced and the other is categorical. Then you'll know.

Nope we gotta wait till Friday....unless some doofus at the NRMP slips up with the code like back in 2014.

Ooh...bad news man. People who got it before noon are going to have to SOAP. Those who got it after 12 matched.
You are kidding , right ??
You scared the hell out of me ... Is it really just a server issue ?

Do the emails usually get sent out right at 11 or have they been sent out earlier?

11:55a: matched.
11:56: partially matched.
11:57: unmatched.
Why are you being so mean ?
Everybody is very stressful , why do you need to make fun of something like that ? You are totally nonsense :(((

let me help...

liar-liar-desperate-fool.gif

Good luck gals and gals. This will all soon be over.

Reactions: 2 users
I thought the matched email was supposed to specify if you matched advanced+prelim or categorical. Guess not.

Reactions: 1 user
Matched. Friday will tell where :).

I thought the matched email was supposed to specify if you matched advanced+prelim or categorical. Guess not.

It does. From How Will I Know If I Have Matched To A Program?

Applicants will be presented with one of the following messages:

1. Congratulations, you have matched!

This message will be displayed for applicants who matched to a categorical, primary, or reserved (physician only) program. Matched to a PGY-1 preliminary and PGY-2 advanced program.

2. Congratulations, you have matched to an advanced position!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who matched to a PGY-2 advanced position. Applicants who receive this message and who are deemed eligible to enter GME on July 1 in the year of the
Main Residency Match will have access to the List of Unfilled Programs and will be eligible to participate in the Match Week Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program® (SOAP®) obtain a preliminary position, if needed.

3. Congratulations, you have matched to a one year position!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who matched to a PGY-1 preliminary position.
Applicants who receive this message and who are deemed eligible to enter GME education on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match will have access to the List of Unfilled Programs and will be eligible to participate in SOAP to obtain an advanced position, if needed.

4. We are sorry, you did not match to any position!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who did not match to any program. For applicants participating as a partner of a couple, this statement also may be displayed if the applicant listed the 999999999 program code on the primary rank order list to indicate ‘”No Match”. Applicants who receive this message and who are deemed eligible to enter GME on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match will have access to the List of Unfilled Programs and will be eligible to participate in SOAP for any category of unfilled positions.

5. You are NOT matched because you did not submit a certified rank order list!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who registered to participate in the Match but did not certify a rank order list prior to the rank order list certification deadline. Applicants who receive this message and who are deemed eligible to enter GME on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match will have access to the List of Unfilled Programs and will be eligible to participate in SOAP for any category of unfilled positions.

6. You are NOT matched because you are withdrawn!

This message will be displayed for any applicant who registered to participate in The Match but was withdrawn either by the medical school or by the NRMP. Applicants who are withdrawn because they are ineligible to enter GME on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match will not have access to the List of Unfilled Programs or be allowed to participate in SOAP unless by 5:00 p.m. eastern time on the Wednesday prior to Match Week the applicant becomes eligible to enter GME on July 1 in the year of the Main Residency Match. Applicants who were withdrawn by the NRMP because they obtained positions through another matching plan will not have access to the List of Unfilled Programs or be allowed to participate in SOAP.

At 1:00 p.m. ET on Friday of Match Week, applicants learn where they matched by logging in to the R3system.

>100 applications, 6 interviews, one Match #IMG

Reactions: 4 users
I am not surprised at all. This used to be an energetic and freewheeling forum. However, oppressive moderation and censorship have extinguished much of the energy here imo.

Lol. I dont think this has mattered in the slightest. People are using reddit.

If I apply for different specialty in the SOAP, do I need to write a new personal statement for that? I don't think I will have time to in an hour..

Asking for a friend.

What happens if you email/phone programs in SOAP prior to sending your application through ERAS?

Technically, it's a violation of the rules. Most programs will probably not care and ignore it. But it will only take one grumpy PA/PD to create a big problem for you. And, in general, being in SOAP makes us grumpy.

If I apply for different specialty in the SOAP, do I need to write a new personal statement for that? I don't think I will have time to in an hour..

Write a new personal statement. Not doing so is a sign that you really aren't interested. I doubt it will matter much, but every little thing you can do helps.

Matched, thank god! 10:57 EST.

Last edited:
Well, since no program has been able to look at any applications yet, presumably the question is moot now. But, bottom line, just get it done and uploaded. It doesn't need to be a work of art.

@aProgDirector

Do you know how and when programs would reach out to applicants?

Assuming PDs get access tonight is it possible to get a call and/or email tonight?

Just wondering how this is going to work.

Thanks!