nri wants to study mbbs in india

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

appleboy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to Canada to do bachelor of engineering, but i could not study there due to prevalent health problems. This caused my gpa to drop and i had to leave the university.

I want to do mbbs in india, my high school marks are very good. My health problems are cured now so i am wondering if my low gpa will affect admissions?

can i just show my high school grades?

what is the admission procedure for nri's? i have heard manipal is god for nri's, can someone provide information on that?

Members don't see this ad.

they look at ur high school marks. Not your College GPA. So, don't worry

What if I don't meet the physics bio n chem criteria?instead of physics I have mathematics but my grades r excellent.do I still hold a chance esp in st John n ms ramaiah?how much r the fees lik for both?

Members don't see this ad :)
What if I don't meet the physics bio n chem criteria?instead of physics I have mathematics but my grades r excellent.do I still hold a chance esp in st John n ms ramaiah?how much r the fees lik for both?

Fees ? i think that's that thing you should look out by yourself .. If you want i can help you but i need to know the Full name of the college and its location ... :)

Hey guys,

I am currently a 12th grade student studying in the US. However, I'd like to settle and work in my home country, India, after my studies. My plan is to go into medicine (specialty undecided at this point). I wanted to stay in the US and earn my MD degree from a medical college but return to India to complete my residency. However, what will this MD degree from the US equal to in India? Will I have to take any exams before my residency? I want to somehow how avoid doing the three extra years for an MS (like MBBS students).

In addition, we all know how expensive it is to study and adjust to a new lifestyle (especially for NRIs going into medicine in India)! I want to find out which medical colleges in southern India accept NRIs (since I'm somewhat familiar with the languages) and require the lowest expenses (though I have a feeling they're all ridiculously expensive...). I am a fairly good student but I like to know my options :)

Any help would be appreciated.