NRI wanting to do MBBS in india

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vik3001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I always had a love for medicine but went into engg school since i was young, naive, had no proper guidance and was really good at math! Now I am in my mid to late-30s and am thinking of going to med school. I am originally from india but have lived in the US for a decade.

I plan to move to india in the long term so thats why the plan is to do MBBS from india.

Need your help and thoughts on this? anybody on this forum who has done this....what are the high level steps/strategy you took.

One important question is am I eligible for CET? i am targeting med colleges in maharashtra/mumbai specifically...I am still an indian citizen living abroad....Does that qualify me for CET or I have to go for NRI seat?

Also, is there a thread on this forum that talks in detail about appl for NRI seat, whats the process, docs, deadlines etc...

Any help is appreciated...

Members don't see this ad.

Go to school in the US.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks but since i am planning on moving to india in the shorter term that wont work...appreciate any responses on my questions about doing MBBS in india, CET etc...for a NRI

I don't think you will be eligible because of the age criteria for admissions to undergraduate courses.Its better you try somewhere in CIS countries.

endo gia