NRI leaving next week to study MBBS in India

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Astrovent

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm really happy to have found this site. There is just so much valuable information on this forum that will help me with my future medical career.

I am going to college in Hyderabad rather rural buy 6 km away from the city, it's called Medciti Institute of Medical Sciences. I liked the college when I visited, and the students seem rather liberal.

But I cannot help but be TERRIFIED about leaving the comforts of my home here in New Jersey (where I've lived for the better half of 20 years) and going far away to a new life and new world.

I did pre med courses here such as biology, chemistry, physics, biochem, etc. But decided the India route as medical colleges in the US are too competitive at this point for me.

What has got be real nervous as this point is that I read on the forum that
The teachers/professors may be out the fail NRI students. Is this true? And if so, are they more lenient on 'repeaters?'

Can anyone give me good advice on how to do well and not fail the first year? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

memorize what they want u to write.lol.

dont bother reading the indian books.
use american and internet
just know the 'format'

Thanks...

dggopal, If you read this, I did PM you back. tell me if you get it as some of the computer cafe's I use here in Hyderabad are terrible! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, i just saw this forum, i am going to India for MBBS this summer and i am an NRI as well, i noticed that this forum was made a year ago, i was wondering how well you have adjusted now.
PS - I am going to college near Vijayawada - NRI Medical College.

Hey, i just saw this forum, i am going to India for MBBS this summer and i am an NRI as well, i noticed that this forum was made a year ago, i was wondering how well you have adjusted now.
PS - I am going to college near Vijayawada - NRI Medical College.

Well, t, Andhra is a State, bit liberal in South India, i can say....
But mind you, majority of students are supposed to be sincere and studious by tradition! Vijayawada isnt a big city BTW. However, I'm hopeful that you enjoy your time out there.
ATB :thumbup: