NP/PA podiatrist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prettypod

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just thought I'd share what was said to me the other day:

I wish those of us actually interested in podiatry could get a NP/PA degree and do some kind of post graduate training to specialize in podiatry instead of this stupid fight for parity versus being an MD. I never wanted to be an MD or considered a physician or doctor or anything else, I just wanted to treat the foot (I got the ankle too, OK I'll do it) but this is ridiculous.

This is after being admitted to podiatry service with many medical issues and many high/low lab values and not infected foot ulcer, what do YOU think??

Members don't see this ad.

So the person you were talking to wants to convert their DPM degree into an NP/PA degree?

I wish those of us actually interested in podiatry could get a NP/PA degree and do some kind of post graduate training to specialize in podiatry instead of this stupid fight for parity versus being an MD. I never wanted to be an MD or considered a physician or doctor or anything else, I just wanted to treat the foot (I got the ankle too, OK I'll do it) but this is ridiculous.

This is after being admitted to podiatry service with many medical issues and many high/low lab values and not infected foot ulcer, what do YOU think??
This is a true clown. Your post is completely ridiculous, you dont make sense on any of your sentences. This is truly disgusting and I am apalled like never before. I truly hope you clicked on podiatrist when you were making your profile due to lack of knowledge.

Members don't see this ad :)

I think your post is embarrassing, senseless and incoherent. Now what do YOU think?

You need a residency to do surgery (can't do that PA or NP model).

Those "MD profession is under assault from all sides" folks don't get it: there are not enough docs in America, and there is room for everyone's skill set.

It depends on the state. In some states podiatrists can hire a NP/PA. Although it seems (in the northeast) that the bulk of podiatry practices will hire MA/LPNs + a coder for their staff.