Now I see why Tulane wants us to send in our printed AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mosfet

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it because they want to see which and how many schools we applied to??
Is it going to adversely affect someone how applies to like 30 schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Why not just take out that page when you send it in?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by ATPase
Why not just take out that page when you send it in?

I got that idea, but I wasn't sure if they would accept it. I don't want them to send another email saying that a page was missing and then putting my application on hold until I send it.

So, when you guys didn't send that page, did they not ask you about it?

Didn't affect me. I got my interview.

Originally posted by mosfet
I got that idea, but I wasn't sure if they would accept it. I don't want them to send another email saying that a page was missing and then putting my application on hold until I send it.

So, when you guys didn't send that page, did they not ask you about it?

Oh!! I sent my AMCAS to Tulane WITH the list of schools page! I got an interview, but got wait-listed. Do you guys think the # of schools I applied to (20+) has anything to do with this?

Im pretty sure that medical schools that use the AMCAS system will be able to see all the schools that you applied to regardless whether you send them a hard copy of your application. The premed advisor at my university told us this. That way if you get some interviews at some pretty good schools it may work in your favor to get interviews with other schools. However, if you apply to 30 schools and dont get any interviews, I think it my turn off some other schools from interviewing you. Dont know if that is true, but it makes sense to me......

Originally posted by chocolateshake
Oh!! I sent my AMCAS to Tulane WITH the list of schools page! I got an interview, but got wait-listed. Do you guys think the # of schools I applied to (20+) has anything to do with this?

I really don't think they care. It doesn't really matter because you could have added more schools or you could have decided to not send in secondaries to some schools. They would only know which schools at that time you wanted to recieve your primary not what you did them them after that.

I was under the impression that AMCAS did not tell the schools which other schools you applied to.

The AMCAS does not let schools see where you applied. They can only know where you hold acceptances...and then is only in April or May or so I believe

I sent mine to Tulane w/o the schools list, interviewed, and was accepted. They don't need it.