Nova Southeastern?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdozaPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Nova SE?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you apply to the on campus or hybrid? I applied to the hybrid and they said we would hear back by the end of September or beginning October for an interview.

I applied to the On-Campus program, I'm hoping to hear from them soon!

Members don't see this ad :)
Last year they didn't start contacting students till around November I believe.

I got a phone call to inform me that my application was sent to the admission committee on September 3. I haven't heard anything since. I've also heard that it will be at least November before we start to hear anything. I'm going to stop by to tour the campus on October 24:). I'll tell them to get the lead out LOL

Reactions: 1 user
When I contacted them a few weeks back, they told me it will take 6-8 weeks. So hopefully around October.

That would be great if we heard something by October. From what I have seen, it seems like every program takes glee in dragging it out and making us suffer :)

Hi everyone!

I applied and they are waiting on my updated GRE score...and I am taking it next week! So we will see! Good luck to all!

i went on a tour there, and the school is beautiful!
I got a phone call to inform me that my application was sent to the admission committee on September 3. I haven't heard anything since. I've also heard that it will be at least November before we start to hear anything. I'm going to stop by to tour the campus on October 24:). I'll tell them to get the lead out LOL

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully we will get a lot of applicants on this thread so we can keep each other updated as to what is going on. We can all stress out together:)

Did you apply to the on campus or hybrid? I applied to the hybrid and they said we would hear back by the end of September or beginning October for an interview.
Dragon 416 I am interested of if you hear back from Tampa. I'm going there for their 2015 program.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dragon 416 I am interested of if you hear back from Tampa. I'm going there for their 2015 program.

I was told that they might hold phone interviews in the middle of October and beginning November. Good luck!

I just submitted my application last week and the supplement app tonight.... Hopefully, I get accepted. Does anyone know if they hold phone interviews for the on-campus program? I know that they do it for Tampa but I haven't seen any thread here that indicates if they do for Fort Lauderdale. Good Luck Everyone!

I got a courtesy call this morning from NOVA that some required documents were missing from me. Turns out that they haven't received my GRE scores yet, but I believe ETS barely sent them out last week and are in transit to them. However, is that a good sign to take? As though it seems that they were already prepared to review my application but saw that my GRE scores weren't sent in yet. I hope that may be the case... because the sooner I get an answer, the better. I hate this waiting game...

I got a courtesy call this morning from NOVA that some required documents were missing from me. Turns out that they haven't received my GRE scores yet, but I believe ETS barely sent them out last week and are in transit to them. However, is that a good sign to take? As though it seems that they were already prepared to review my application but saw that my GRE scores weren't sent in yet. I hope that may be the case... because the sooner I get an answer, the better. I hate this waiting game...
Don't hold your breath:). I got a call saying my application was with the admissions committee around September 4th I think. I have heard that they don't start accepting people until early November. Just settle in and be stressed out with the rest of us for the next month or so:)

People started getting acceptances around this time last year. The anticipation is killing me!

Just got another call this morning from NOVA stating that my application has now been sent to the admissions committee and is under review! Gah! The anxiety and anticipation has now kicked in... (>_<)

Just got another call this morning from NOVA stating that my application has now been sent to the admissions committee and is under review! Gah! The anxiety and anticipation has now kicked in... (>_<)
They've been reviewing mine for nearly a month. My essay must be REALLY interesting :)

Tony Garcia said we wont be hearing anything until November. Hopefully we all get good news then!

I just received a letter from them saying I was on "hold"

Does anybody know if they accept a lot of students off their hold list?

I just received a letter from them saying I was on "hold"

Sorry to hear that. :/ From past threads about NOVA, I have read about a few students getting off their waitlist. It depends on how many people decline offers, as well as how many more they need to fill seats. Looking at your stats though makes me EXTREMELY nervous about mine. You have way better stats than I do, makes me wary of my chances. :/ I wish you the best though.

Sorry to hear that. :/ From past threads about NOVA, I have read about a few students getting off their waitlist. It depends on how many people decline offers, as well as how many more they need to fill seats. Looking at your stats though makes me EXTREMELY nervous about mine. You have way better stats than I do, makes me wary of my chances. :/ I wish you the best though.
Thanks! Good luck to you too...apparently from reading past threads, they have a hold list and a waiting list...but I'm not sure if many people get off either one of them

Thanks! Good luck to you too...apparently from reading past threads, they have a hold list and a waiting list...but I'm not sure if many people get off either one of them

When did you send your NOVA application and supplemental app? Just curious how long it took them to get back to you...

And yeah, I was confused on why they have two separate lists?!?! (>_<) Ughh, my head hurts......

Well I will keep my fingers crossed for you. This whole process can be maddening. I'm sure one of your schools will accept you. Your stats are very good:)

When did you send your NOVA application and supplemental app? Just curious how long it took them to get back to you...

And yeah, I was confused on why they have two separate lists?!?! (>_<) Ughh, my head hurts......
August 24th, and August 31st I believe

Well I will keep my fingers crossed for you. This whole process can be maddening. I'm sure one of your schools will accept you. Your stats are very good:)
Thanks I appreciate it! Good luck to you too!

So I read on other posts that people on hold are notified around March or April :bullcrap:, and that there are usually 60-70 applicants on the list:confused::confused:. And they said no rankings are given because usually the people on the waiting list have similar stats. Just in case anybody else that's in my situation was curious. hahaha these emojis are hella funny:diebanana::rofl::rofl::zip::boom::biglove::beat:

I just spoke with Tony Garcia. Some decisions will be made this week!!!

Reactions: 3 users
whats the difference between hold and wait list?? as far as I am aware, both are the same and they don't have two different lists

whats the difference between hold and wait list?? as far as I am aware, both are the same and they don't have two different lists

From previous threads about NOVA, apparently those on the hold list are much stronger candidates than those on the waiting list. It's weird to read that, I know, however that's just how they handle candidates apparently. So hopefully @ktachiba is on their "hold" list rather than their "waiting" list.

Did anyone just receive an email from Nova stating they need official transcripts sent directly to the university?

Did anyone just receive an email from Nova stating they need official transcripts sent directly to the university?
Call them I think it's good news! I received an email that says they made a decision, but I can't sign into their portal.

I don't know, I thought they only needed my PTCAS information, but I guess they need more stuff. Hopefully this is a good sign.

I don't know, I thought they only needed my PTCAS information, but I guess they need more stuff. Hopefully this is a good sign.
If you were under review already I think it's good news!

Call them I think it's good news! I received an email that says they made a decision, but I can't sign into their portal.
I called them, they said they needed my official transcripts, which I did just now. And they said wait an additional 2 to 3 weeks.

I called them, they said they needed my official transcripts, which I did just now. And they said wait an additional 2 to 3 weeks.

Nice! Hopefully it's good news for you!

And @cdozaPT hopefully they decided to accept you! Let us know! :D
Good Luck guys!

I submitted my application in september and the supplemental application this past Monday. I got a call yesterday saying my application was complete and under review. I asked about what would happen next and the lady told me that if they like my application, I would receive an email about a possible interview in late October or November? I thought the campus in Ft. Lauderdale didn't do interviews? Does anyone know?

I submitted my application in september and the supplemental application this past Monday. I got a call yesterday saying my application was complete and under review. I asked about what would happen next and the lady told me that if they like my application, I would receive an email about a possible interview in late October or November? I thought the campus in Ft. Lauderdale didn't do interviews? Does anyone know?

They usually don't do interviews from researching past threads, but they may call you for one if they feel they need more information about you. There was one person on the forum that received a phone-call interview to discuss his application further (I guess he was a convicted felon when he was young). So he spoke with an admission counselor and 2 professors, he eventually got accepted. But as you can see, they can call you for an interview if need be but mostly under certain circumstances.