Nova Southeastern University (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if Nova offers interview invited before receiving LORs? My last letter writer has really been dragging his feet

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

So is the call from NSU 100% a complete call? Or has anyone had them call and say it's not complete? I wish I hadn't been working when they called. Trying to call them back has been so stressful because I can't get to them; aaah!

I spoke with someone from NSU today. They stated that they had all of my information, but were missing only one of my letters (received the other 4 out of 5). Anyone else with this issue???

Members don't see this ad :)
So is the call from NSU 100% a complete call? Or has anyone had them call and say it's not complete? I wish I hadn't been working when they called. Trying to call them back has been so stressful because I can't get to them; aaah!

I received a call stating that my application was 100% complete.

I got a call stating that they had all information besides one (out of five) LOR. All letters submitted through AACOMAS so not sure whats up with that?

for the secondary I just got a link but what is the login Id and password? this is so confusing

for the secondary I just got a link but what is the login Id and password? this is so confusing

Follow the instruction after you clicked on the link -
Graduate/Professional Program Applicants: Please log in below. If you are a first time user, please click the First Time User Account Creation link below.

Reactions: 1 user
where does it say 2000 characters each? I can't find this anywhere

I didn't see it specify anywhere, but if you paste and try to save something over 2000, you get a warning message.

For "List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school".....are you guys listing this sort of resume style like:
1) Hospital Volunteer May 2012-May 2016
M role was ......etc

does anyone know if I can view my secondary in the format of a PDF? I wanted to see the foramtting of everything I typed in for the essays....(the boxes to type it in were so tiny!!!!!!)

Members don't see this ad :)
For "List and briefly describe your significant health care-related volunteer activities since graduation from high school".....are you guys listing this sort of resume style like:
1) Hospital Volunteer May 2012-May 2016
M role was ......etc

Pretty much just like that. I kept the descriptions brief, in part because I wrote about these activities in my personal statement and in the primary.

Just got an email with a pdf of my completed app. Never had that before!

Reactions: 2 users
Screen Shot 2016-06-27 at 9.33.35 PM.png

^ Did anyone else lol at this?

I'm just picturing a guy in an orange jumpsuit sitting in his jail cell like, "I hope I get into NSU-COM..." :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Reactions: 7 users
Nova called to let me know my app was complete and forwarded on to the adcom (expect a 4-6 week turnaround they said). I didn't think it was possible for my heart rate to spike the way it just did.

Do you need to submit LOR with your primary??

did anybody use interfolio to submit letters to them? on their website it says through AACOMAS...but will interfolio still work?

did anybody use interfolio to submit letters to them? on their website it says through AACOMAS...but will interfolio still work?
You can submit through AACOMAS. AACOMAS accepts Interfolio, thus, if you submitted it through Interfolio to AACOMAS, AACOMAS is the one that will be doing the forwarding.

just got the 100% complete call. :) so nice!

FYI: One of my letter writers used the "digital signature" feature through Interfolio and NSU rejected it! Per the admissions person, they only accept "wet signatures" for LORs!

Did anyone submit letters to this school using interfolio? I cannot find this in the drop down menu

Just Submitted Secondary: Hopefully they verify my letters through AACOMAS soon.

Hey guys, i submitted my secondary for NSU on the 23rd of June, anyone know when interviews usually get offered?

Hi! Does anyone know how to check status of our application after we submitted to Nova? My Nova page is now saying that nothing in the "checklist" is done :(

how long is it taking to get a secondary to NOVA?
I hadn't received mine either and haven't heard anything since applying and I applied a while ago. So I called and they said that my application was labeled as "complete" even though I hadn't completed the secondary app. Now I'm just waiting for a counselor to call me and see what we should do Haha. I would call and make sure the same didn't happen to you

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

I hadn't received mine either and haven't heard anything since applying and I applied a while ago. So I called and they said that my application was labeled as "complete" even though I hadn't completed the secondary app. Now I'm just waiting for a counselor to call me and see what we should do Haha. I would call and make sure the same didn't happen to you

Who did you call? On their website I cant seem to find a specific number to call. I also havent received a secondary and got verified a while back.

Who did you call? On their website I cant seem to find a specific number to call. I also havent received a secondary and got verified a while back.
Yeah there really isn't one. I just followed the directory until the department came up as an option.

@MiamiBoyy
Health Professions Division (HPD) Office of Admissions at 1-877-640-0218.

Nice lady will answer and usually can answer several of your questions. If not she transfers you to admissions coordinator.

I just got an email from NOVA saying that it was a "friendly reminder" that applicants needed to complete a secondary, but I've already completed it, received email confirmation and a complete phone call. Did anyone else get this email? Should I call?

Reactions: 1 users
Got my first secondary!

I just got an email from NOVA saying that it was a "friendly reminder" that applicants needed to complete a secondary, but I've already completed it, received email confirmation and a complete phone call. Did anyone else get this email? Should I call?

Wouldn't worry if you got the complete phone call they let you know on the phone if anything is unacceptable.

secondary received! But check your "promotions" or spam folder in gmail b/c thats where it showed up lol

I got this not too long ago as well. I've completed this app and received the "Complete" phone call. I feel like this is a mistake. Let me know what they tell you when you call.

I got this not too long ago as well. I've completed this app and received the "Complete" phone call. I feel like this is a mistake. Let me know what they tell you when you call.

Will do. I'll call tomorrow.

Just submitted the secondary and paid. Heard great things about this program!

After you pay the $50 and get a confirmation email, am I expecting a call/email about being "complete"?

Just submitted the secondary and paid. Heard great things about this program!

After you pay the $50 and get a confirmation email, am I expecting a call/email about being "complete"?

Yup expect a complete call in at least a week

I got the friendly reminder email too. Probably a mistake.

So I just filled out the secondary for Nova and I didn't see any essay... Am I crazy? I haven't submitted yet because I feel like I had to have missed it, but I don't see an essay anywhere. I pre-wrote a max 2000 character essay for this secondary and I don't see anything about it.

I had an essay "how did you first learn about osteopathic medicine" as well as a question about employment during school, and to list significant healthcare experience.

So I just filled out the secondary for Nova and I didn't see any essay... Am I crazy? I haven't submitted yet because I feel like I had to have missed it, but I don't see an essay anywhere. I pre-wrote a max 2000 character essay for this secondary and I don't see anything about it.
Wrong application maybe? At some point in time you have to select which program you are applying to, so check that. There are definitely two essay questions.

Wrong application maybe? At some point in time you have to select which program you are applying to, so check that. There are definitely two essay questions.

The text box was so small that I mistook the essays for a minor questions on the application. Thank you!

I am currently doing Nova's supplemental. Would doing volunteer research at a lab be put under this question?

3. "List and briefly describe your health care related volunteer activities since high school."

I am currently doing Nova's supplemental. Would doing volunteer research at a lab be put under this question?

3. "List and briefly describe your health care related volunteer activities since high school."

I don't think so, but I may be wrong.

I say I don't think so because based on other supplemental apps I've filled out, they usually have one section asking for health-care related activities and another section for research activities and publications. But I also know that NOVA doesn't have the latter as a question on their app, so I don't know but I'd lean towards no.