Nova Southeastern University is currently accepting 1-2 foreign trained dentist per year!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Orlando2015

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow colleagues, today I called Nova Southeastern University to request some information. I"m currently living in Florida and I have them as my #1 choice, even though they are a 3 year program. After talking to a secretary who gave me all the requirements, I was transferred to the acceptance counselor of the program because I was interested in scheduling a tour of their campus. I was told that the school currently has a very limited acceptance of 1-2 international trained dentists (ITD) per year and in the last couple of years they have been taking more D1 students, which leaves almost no vacant spots for international trained dentist.

I got to admit I was very disappointed and even shocked because their website stated they take 20+ ITD.
My point of writing this is to inform you guys not to put all your eggs in one basket that being Nova, and also I would like to know if somebody else came across this information!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I was told 5-10 ITD's per year.

last year I was told that they are going to accept 5-10 students, and I applied. But then they accepted only 3 students. It was very disappointing.

Members don't see this ad :)
True.. very limited... I was at the open house a few weeks ago.. sue Ann zarret said the same thing.. about 2 ppl per year. And she is part of the admissions committee

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Have they increased the intake number presently?
2500$ for bench test is scary if they intend to pick only 1-2. :lame:

Have they increased the intake number presently?
2500$ for bench test is scary if they intend to pick only 1-2. :lame:
I do hope so, do you have any ideas about what is being asked usually at the interview and bench test ? Have you been invited before ?