Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So I got an email about my Nsu pin. What does that mean? Ofcourse it says it doesnt mean I'm admitted but why did they send it to me?

If you look at last year's thread, I think several people got the same email that you mention. It didn't mean anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Wasn't offered a spot :(. Time to get ready to reapply.

Members don't see this ad :)
28, 3.4/3.7. Complete 7/12, II 1/22, interviewed 1/28. I called them, so if you've called and they did not disclose your status but said a decision has been made then it's probably an acceptance. Really love this school. Hoping for some love next cycle! Btw, did not get the email about the pin too.

28, 3.4/3.7. Complete 7/12, II 1/22, interviewed 1/28. I called them, so if you've called and they did not disclose your status but said a decision has been made then it's probably an acceptance. Really love this school. Hoping for some love next cycle! Btw, did not get the email about the pin too.
Thanks. Hope you get in next time. Nova does seem like a very coveted school.

Did they put you on a waitlist?

I'm sorry about the final decision and wish you the best of luck next cycle. It's just around the corner. Btw, you have good stats; did you apply broadly this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry about the final decision and wish you the best of luck next cycle. It's just around the corner. Btw, you have good stats; did you apply broadly this cycle?
Thank you:). And no, I did not apply as broadly as I perhaps should have. Next year, trust me I will be. Still always going to have love in my heart for Nova....

Thank you:). And no, I did not apply as broadly as I perhaps should have. Next year, trust me I will be. Still always going to have love in my heart for Nova....
I am sorry to hear that, you still should have hope, it' s not over yet. Which number did you call, btw, and who did you speak to?

Oh man. Same interview day as me. I guess I have a phone call to make. I'm assuming you called the general number we have all been calling the past few days. Here goes nothing!

Guys, I called Ms. Ferris, she told me the class is full. So unless there are people dropping out and open up spots..........you get the idea.

Guys, I called Ms. Ferris, she told me the class is full. So unless there are people dropping out and open up spots..........you get the idea.
Yeah but all schools always over accept. No school ever just fills up enough spots for the X amount of seats. They at least add 1/2 to double that amount.

Reactions: 1 users

By saying the class is full could mean all the people who have called this week with decisions made are part of that group and as chillywilly said they will certainly over accept.

Reactions: 1 user
By saying the class is full could mean all the people who have called this week with decisions made are part of that group and as chillywilly said they will certainly over accept.

Most likely what she meant considering the last acceptance was in February I believe. If they were that close to being full after December I doubt they would have interviewed into March or they would have at least notified everyone who interviewed that they were doing so for the waitlist.

Last edited:
I was told yesterday too that the class is full and they don't accept any more. I just don't understand why they they are still reviewing applications instead of waitlisting them? I mean, probably there is still hope for those still under review...

Any word on the background check/immunizations/etc? I keep getting a Residency email but figured by now I'd have more information on prepping to matriculate

Any word on the background check/immunizations/etc? I keep getting a Residency email but figured by now I'd have more information on prepping to matriculate
Not yet. But I already started my immunizations. You can get them online and see what you need. You just need a physical, TB test and some antibody tests. But yeah I'm dying for info.

So I got an email about my Nsu pin. What does that mean? Ofcourse it says it doesnt mean I'm admitted but why did they send it to me?
Sorry hopping into this forum pretty late! I know this is all speculation (totally what keeps us going at this point, right?), but I would bet that this is a very GOOD sign. Here's my "logic": The regular application admissions login just requires a regular ole "pin". However, the "Enter Secure Area" link within webstar requires an "NSU pin" specifically. In an earlier part of this thread, a few ppl said that only admitted applicants have access to this secure area... sooooo this leads me to deduce that you received this email because your acceptance packet is in the mail. Or, at least that's what we will hope, for your sake! :)

Sorry hopping into this forum pretty late! I know this is all speculation (totally what keeps us going at this point, right?), but I would bet that this is a very GOOD sign. Here's my "logic": The regular application admissions login just requires a regular ole "pin". However, the "Enter Secure Area" link within webstar requires an "NSU pin" specifically. In an earlier part of this thread, a few ppl said that only admitted applicants have access to this secure area... sooooo this leads me to deduce that you received this email because your acceptance packet is in the mail. Or, at least that's what we will hope, for your sake! :)

idk if thats the case or not. I interviewed on 9/24 and have been waitlisted since. they generally include in a lot of your emails in the upper right hand corner your NSU ID #, but there is also a link on the website : https://www.nova.edu/sbin/nsulookup/pa/nsuid
where you can retrieve your NSU ID and pin with your social security # and birthday. don't know if everyone has access or not. I do, and once i "enter the secure area" on webstar all i see is financial aid status stuff since i submitted my FAFSA, but nothing else.

idk if thats the case or not. I interviewed on 9/24 and have been waitlisted since. they generally include in a lot of your emails in the upper right hand corner your NSU ID #, but there is also a link on the website : https://www.nova.edu/sbin/nsulookup/pa/nsuid
where you can retrieve your NSU ID and pin with your social security # and birthday. don't know if everyone has access or not. I do, and once i "enter the secure area" on webstar all i see is financial aid status stuff since i submitted my FAFSA, but nothing else.

Ahhhh ok good point. Never noticed the NSU ID in my emails... sorry was just speculating and trying to be optimistic! :) Thanks for clarifying.

Makes no sense that they would continue interviewing into March if the class was full...... why bother...... they should just send out the emails/letters - waitlist, rejection, ACCEPTANCE, and stop the madness. I can really be thankful though that the cycle process is over for me... I really do feel for those that have to repeat. The torture is just plain cruel.

was just told i have a letter coming in the mail, and that they send both acceptances and rejections this way :scared:

I called Ms. Ferris on Wednesday and she said we should be getting emails on this stuff within this month. So we should receive something before the end of April.

Do you guys all call HPD number? When I call them they keep telling me that I am still under review.

what's the HPD number? i called the 800 number on the bottom of the homepage. she told me i was under review at first too but then told me a decision was in the mail. she didnt't even connect me to admission, she sounded like just an operator.

i love nova and it's definitely my first choice, but their post-interview decision procedure is pretty douchey.

Reactions: 1 users
Another week - another no call. HURRY UP NOVA. Real talk. LOL

Reactions: 2 users
The match is still separate. The only thing that merged is the accreditation

I'm not sure how many people are in the c/o 2013, but I believe the match lists are self-reported. There will be people who choose not to submit their match results, especially those who didn't match.

Where does it say there are separate matches? I thought the entire point was to make one complete match. That would be absolutely stupid if there are 2 matches with MD students now having to also apply and wait for AOA before NRMP

Where does it say there are separate matches? I thought the entire point was to make one complete match. That would be absolutely stupid if there are 2 matches with MD students now having to also apply and wait for AOA before NRMP

http://www.osteopathic.org/inside-aoa/Pages/single-gme-accreditation-system-faq.aspx

"Will there be a single Match?
The Match is administered by the National Residency Match Program (NRMP) and not the ACGME. Consequently, this is an issue that can be resolved only when NRMP joins our discussions. However, if all programs are considered ACGME accredited, it is likely there ultimately will be one Match. "

It'll probably become one match eventually, but right now it's still separate

Rejection via snail mail. I was complete back in September or so. Ah well, no hard feelings. It's a great school and at least they let me know.

Letter was marked March 31 but envelope is postmarked April 3rd. Got it in the mail today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rejection via snail mail. I was complete back in September or so. Ah well, no hard feelings. It's a great school and at least they let me know.

Letter was marked March 31 but envelope is postmarked April 3rd. Got it in the mail today.

:(

What were your stats and generalized ECs?? Does that mean you didn't even get a secondary?

What were your stats and generalized ECs?? Does that mean you didn't even get a secondary?

3.6/27 and at least 5 years of volunteering in rural areas, health clinics, hospice and free clinics. Some up to 8 years. Worked in a Trauma 1 center for a while and 400+ hours of shadowing. My LORs were strong.

Mild research experience though.

I did receive a secondary.

I think I was on the lower end of the applicant pool so they kept me on the back burner.

Do you guys all call HPD number? When I call them they keep telling me that I am still under review.

I called them on Wednesday and they told me the same thing. I was put on hold for 5-10 minutes while the person on the other end found my application status. I don't see how our apps could still be under review at this point. I would just like to know acceptance, waitlist, or rejection already before I lose what little bit of sanity I have left.

Reactions: 3 users
3.6/27 and at least 5 years of volunteering in rural areas, health clinics, hospice and free clinics. Some up to 8 years. Worked in a Trauma 1 center for a while and 400+ hours of shadowing. My LORs were strong.

Mild research experience though.

I did receive a secondary.

I think I was on the lower end of the applicant pool so they kept me on the back burner.

Wow, those sound like great stats. Was your 3.7 cGPA and sGPA? With or without repeats?

That makes me really worried now since my stats are very similiar to yours.. What a crapshoot.