NOVA dress code?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NotShorty

~Mr. Bright Side~
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few students on this site talk about NSU having a dress code.

Anyone who knows: tell me all about it please!:p

(former private school kid who actually likes not having to decide what to wear every day)

Members don't see this ad.

Ah yes, the Nova dress code. The official theme is supposed to be professional dress. For men, shirt, tie, and slacks. For women, blouse, skirt, pants. No sandles. However, since we are future health care workers, scrubs also fall under professional dress. I, along with most of my classmates wear scrubs every day. It's really no big deal, and quite comfortable, especially sitting in 4 hours of lecture a day. At the beginning of the semester... everyone is in strict dress code adherence. Then slowly you'll see some sandles, then t-shirts with scrub bottoms, etc. The dress code policy is only really strictly enforced when a student has to go up to the 4th or 5th floors (where administration offices are), but it's not often that we need to venture up there. After the white coat ceremony, you are also required to wear or at least have your white coat on you while you're in school--most people take them off in class. So yes, you have your wish, you don't need to decide what you want to wear every day, but for someone who has the opposite opinion, such as myself, it's not bad at all.

I was just down at NSU for senior week/graduation... and we didn't have to wear dress code. We were all in t-shirts/jeans etc, and even had to go up to administration every once in a while for last minute paperwork... definately odd walking around in casual clothes (and talking to Dr. Klein or Jacobson in a t-shirt, and it being okay!).

Q

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Quinn,

I had my radiology final right after your rehearsal, and I have to tell you that i've never seen more pregant women in one place at the same time in my life. What's up with that? A few of us couldn't believe it. Did Barry White teach any of your classes?

The reason why I decided to go to NSUCOM and join the class of 2003 was basically because half the class are nymphomaniacs.

Makes for interesting call schedules.

And late night urine hCG.

I was actually sandwhiched between two 24 week uteri at the ceremony. My back still hurts.
Q

As if I really needed another reason to want to go to NSU!

Yeeeaaaah nymphos! :horns: :hardy:

Originally posted by NotShorty
As if I really needed another reason to want to go to NSU!

Yeeeaaaah nymphos! :horns: :hardy:

Nymphos......in bikinis......in South Florida

Damn, I made the wrong choice.

Mmmm...NOVA :love: