Notifying first choice school of other acceptances, post II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDPHDhopeful07

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from schools! A quick question: I've so far received acceptances from multiple MSTP programs, and am still waiting to hear back from many more. While I'm thrilled about these offers, there is at least one school that I haven't heard back from that is my first-choice program. I made that clear in my interviews and my thank-you emails.

So - considering that said school hasn't sent out acceptances yet, is it helpful (or even appropriate) to send them an email along the lines of "right now I've been accepted to # schools "x,y,z" but school "a" is still my first choice"? Anyone who has done something like this previously?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I say just wait it out without contacting.

because..

1. The fact you have multiple acceptances means you are a strong candidate. Therefore, it gives the schools no more useful information saying you were accepted elsewhere.

2. You already made it clear in interviews/ thank-you's that you liked the school. I am sure this is already noted on your file. If anything, I would wait until the wait-list phase of the cycle to send them a reminder, but I think it is way too early now.

Reactions: 1 user