Medical "Notice sent to AMCAS" since I did not withdraw from school. Am I in trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a notice from an MD school to which I did not submit my secondary or withdraw (it was my "throwaway" school, since I wanted my primary app verified before getting my MCAT score in June 2020). I realize I should have withdrawn much earlier, but to be honest, I completely forgot I had even sent my primary application there. I received an email from the school saying they have "administratively withdrawn my application" and that a "notice will be sent to AMCAS." I am getting a bit nervous over the language of the email. When they say that they'll send a notice to AMCAS, is that something that will appear as a "red flag" to my other schools (especially schools at which I am on the waitlist)?
This is a nothingburger.

Members don't see this ad.

This is an administrative message that we schools are required to send back to AMCAS to help identify anyone who stopped in the application process in general. We don't tell anyone that we are flagging you, but we are counting where apps finish in our process. We know you probably applied to a ton of programs.

If this was an error, then you should let the school know to make the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.