Notebooks specifically made for patient rounding

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sepho

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows of a company that makes notebooks specifically for patient rounding. I thought one being used by a doctor. Amazon has The Rounding Notebook, but doesn't show what the inside looks like. Anyone have any experience with this specific notebook?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

just get a stack of clean papers
i printed out a ton of those templates and didn't end up using them ever

Members don't see this ad :)
Most hospitals are on EMR now, so just print the facesheet, staple them all together & take notes on that

Otherwise you waste time transposing names, MRNs, labs, meds etc

Most EMR have printable rounds reports.

Yup. Or teams have their own excel/patient lists which fit on 1-2 sheets of paper. Print, fold in half and round. I thought having a template/etc would be helpful, but handout/team lists are enough for rounding.

Reactions: 1 user
great, thanks for the suggestions. i just thought it might be nice to have info on a pt from multiple days in one location, making it easier to track. but you guys are right, the printed facesheets are adequate for rounding.

great, thanks for the suggestions. i just thought it might be nice to have info on a pt from multiple days in one location, making it easier to track. but you guys are right, the printed facesheets are adequate for rounding.

I usually keep 2 day's worth of notes (day of & y'day)
Depending on rotations, there sometimes are a bunch of labs that need to be kept straight (ID for eg w/ all its cxs & how long someone was on an antibx)
When that happens, I just use an excel sheet
Name/Room# - Daily events (one line of anything major) - Labs (cxs, CT scans etc)

The daily events helped guide the d/c summary, and the labs tab just keeps track of what's been ordered & what needs to be followed up on

I usually kept the excel signout sheet (which had the presenting sx, dx if there was one, and up-to-date hospital course, along with MRN and other stuff) and did what Kaustikos mentioned earlier. In the To Do section (which usually had NTD - Nothing to do), you could keep track of rounding updates with your team. That was generally enough to answer most questions that can't be easily looked up in the EMR (lab results, vitals, orders, etc.)

I usually kept the excel signout sheet (which had the presenting sx, dx if there was one, and up-to-date hospital course, along with MRN and other stuff) and did what Kaustikos mentioned earlier. In the To Do section (which usually had NTD - Nothing to do), you could keep track of rounding updates with your team. That was generally enough to answer most questions that can't be easily looked up in the EMR (lab results, vitals, orders, etc.)
Yeah,
I also want to add that the excel sheet usually had way more helpful info than looking at notes. They pretty much say "here's where we are and what we need/need to look out for"
That and my own notes helped. It's one thing to look at lab values or whatever. It's another to know what we are doing and have done. Also to know what to follow up on.
In the end, I'd ask where to get the sign out sheet/team list. If they don't have one... Make one.