Not to sound anal...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eric275

Prosthodontist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did most of you who have filled out secondaries type the information into the apps or did you just fill them out in ink with nice print?

The font on many of my secondaries are so different I think that it will be a major pain to try and type these out, and since several of them are on colored paper if I make a mistake typing them I will be screwed. Just wondering what everyone else has done, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

If you really want to type it up, you can photocopy the orginials and use the photocopies to setup your printer, then after when you have it lined up perfectly, then you can print it using the originals. If not, typewriter is also useful!

save yourself the headache and just print it in neatly, unless your handwriting is terrible. i know for sure most people aren't going to take the time to type it, and i doubt it type vs. print would make or break your application. i am one of those anal people that would rather type in any situation (i even went out and bought labels to put in my printer for addressing correspondence to dental schools :oops: ), but even i wouldn't mess with making copies and all that. just my opinion :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the feedback all, looks like I'll be handwritting these secondaries. Wew!! :D

i would type the reponses on a separate piece of paper and attach it to the original ?'s. there are just too many applications to review to have to try and figure out someones handwriting...especially if they think they have nice handwriting....at least this is my preference when i review apps....also it looks more professional and if you make spelling errors you can just correct it w/o it looking too messy

FYI: Most applications (that i've had access to so far...)are done in PDF files, so you can use Adobe Acrobat PROF. (not reader) to type in your info straight into the app. That's what i've been doing. It works quite well. Course, you need the program.

I have adobe acrobate professional, so I just used their tool to draw box on the applciation and type in :laugh:

melonbobo said:
I have adobe acrobate professional, so I just used their tool to draw box on the applciation and type in :laugh:
Exactly; me too.

And to be REALLY anal, if they only give you a paper app, scan it and make text boxes in Acrobat. I've actually done this!

trypmo said:
Exactly; me too.

And to be REALLY anal, if they only give you a paper app, scan it and make text boxes in Acrobat. I've actually done this!

waste of time IMO, plus the 2 paper apps that i've run into are a "booklet".

DrTacoElf said:
waste of time IMO, plus the 2 paper apps that i've run into are a "booklet".
Maybe so for secondaries; the stuff I'd done it for was unrelated.