Not sure how to appraoch rest of dedicated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ricktyricked

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am an IMG studying for the STEP 1 exam. I was looking for advice on how to structure the rest of my dedicated study period. I had this great plan in mind during the school year where I thought I would be done studying by now but I am still getting a pretty low score on my nbmes. I have taken nbme 13 and scored a 209 on it. I take the STEP 1 on August 22 and I don't know whether I should postpone the exam. So far, I have almost completed USMLE-RX and went through sketchy (mostly, both pharm and micro but those were always my best sections so no problems there). What advice would you give to someone like me that is looking to improve their score by a lot of point.

Members don't see this ad.

What im doing is basically having uworld at the center and branching out. i try to do 80 questions a day and read everything with more emphasis on what i get wrong. if i dont understand the core of the question i refer to UFAP and sketchy, B&B. if anyone can improve this or correct, please do. but i do think this is the best way with the given time.

Thank you for the advice, its been a hard to select the q bank that I would use since I'm from outside America. Did you observe a score increase after using UWORLD?

Hopefully you have good notes or at least FA. I'd do Uworld and go over those notes/FA at the same time.