Not Showing up for DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

warhawkstakeflight

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I have the DAT tomorrow.... Is it better to cancel for 100$ or just not show up? And is there any consequences at all for not showing up other than losing the money which will happen anyways if I reschedule? Just trying to confirm it is better to skip

Members don't see this ad.

If you plan to take it in the future, you're going to have to shell out another $400+. If not, then just don't show up.

This is from the DAT examinee guide:
"No Show Policy - If you do not appear for your scheduled testing appointment and you do not cancel or reschedule your appointment in advance of the test date, you will forfeit all testing fees. You will be required to submit a new application and pay the fee to schedule a new appointment."​

If you plan to take it in the future, you're going to have to shell out another $400+. If not, then just don't show up.

This is from the DAT examinee guide:
"No Show Policy - If you do not appear for your scheduled testing appointment and you do not cancel or reschedule your appointment in advance of the test date, you will forfeit all testing fees. You will be required to submit a new application and pay the fee to schedule a new appointment."​
right right. I do plan on taking it again but even if I cancel I still have to pay the 400$ again right?

Members don't see this ad :)
PM me, I possibly might know a way to save money for DAT

^ I agree you should probably reschedule

Reactions: 1 user
If you don't show up you might have to wait another three months to retake but if you pay the $100 you might not have to wait. Not 100% sure but something to check on. You'll have to resubmit an application and pay the $415 again no matter what.

Reactions: 1 user
If you don't show up you might have to wait another three months to retake but if you pay the $100 you might not have to wait. Not 100% sure but something to check on. You'll have to resubmit an application and pay the $415 again no matter what.
Okay cool. Thanks all.

If you don't show up you don't have to wait 3 months

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile