Not Passionate to write Personal Statement; help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rogue42

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
When I was applying to Med School, I had spent YEARS trying to get here for a very specific reason. So writing a personal statement for medical school was easy.

But now, I do not feel like I can write a personal statement for anything; I mean how in the world does someone write a personal statement on ANY specialty that they've only had one rotation of experience in? (I know some people have known what they wanted to do forever, but that's not me).

Any advice or wisdom would be mighty helpful

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hire someone on fiverr.

I did. They gave me something I could work with and I ended up modifying it a lot so it was mostly my own writing by the time I submitted it, but just having a draft to work with was infinitely easier than starting from scratch.

Hire someone on fiverr.

I did. They gave me something I could work with and I ended up modifying it a lot so it was mostly my own writing by the time I submitted it, but just having a draft to work with was infinitely easier than starting from scratch.
this is the first time I have ever heard of this

Members don't see this ad :)
this is the first time I have ever heard of this
But, not a bad idea. That being said. Your personal statement does not need to be specific to the specialty you are applying for. That is the most common approach. Others write about a passion for rural or underserved areas, what they love about cities, art, etc. Is there anything from your medical school application that you can leverage? You could submit it to the Fiverr writer and get something more started to you. Does your school advisory center have samples, ideas, or even people you can brainstorm with?

I second using Fiverr, have had a great experience with a few people on there for various edits I needed. Can PM me for reccs if needed.