Northwestern LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shanequin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do they mean when they say "mailed directly to the Office of Admissions by the author," :confused: On the Harvard application they say the same thing, but then ask you if all of the letters are going to be sent together as a packet, therefore not directly from the author to the admissions office. My school has a premed advisor who all of the letters are sent to, then she makes a packet which is sent out to the schools, am I going to have to have my recommenders retype the letter and mail it to the schools instead of my premed advisor? Thanks for your input.

Members don't see this ad.

You do not need to get the letters sent from each individual author. Since you have a premed advisor that collects the letters and sends them as a packet that will suffice. I had my letters sent as a packet and so did every other UCLA student that got accepted at Northwestern. Hope that helped.

northwestern just cares that the letters didn't come via you and that they were confidential. Via a pre-med advisor is fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone sent more than three LOR's? Is it OK?

I have a LOR service in my school, and can send all 5 of my letters as a packet.

generally, if your school sends your letters as a packet, 5 is fine. my school does the same thing. in fact, lots of schools often count the packet as one letter. northwestern just wants the packet and nothing else, i think. if you're unsure about it, though, you can always try calling the admissions office.