Normal Canine Heart Sounds Recording?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ORvetgirl

Oregon State c/o 2013
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can listen to a recording of normal canine heart sounds online? Preferably tonight:oops: Our problem solving case this week is dealing with a cardiac case, and I'm supposed to research normal canine heart sounds. We haven't gotten that far in physiology yet, and it is surprisingly difficult to find anything online (especially since there is apparently a band called Canine Heart Sounds). Thanks in advance for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

We received "Littmann Stethoscopes 20 Examples of Cardiac and Pulmonary Auscultation" CD with our stethoscopes. You may be able to find a download somewhere on-line.

I don't think these are canine-specific heart sounds... but I'm also not sure if there is that much variation between species.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks laurafinn...I found another site, but yours was much clearer to hear. I knew there had to be something on VIN, but I haven't used it much yet, and I'm still figuring out where to go on VIN to find what I need.

If you can get your hands on this book and its accompanying CD, I'd highly recommend it:

Clarence Kvart & Jens Häggström. Cardiac auscultation and phonocardiography in dogs, horses and cats.

Does anyone know where I can listen to a recording of normal canine heart sounds online? Preferably tonight:oops: Our problem solving case this week is dealing with a cardiac case, and I'm supposed to research normal canine heart sounds. We haven't gotten that far in physiology yet, and it is surprisingly difficult to find anything online (especially since there is apparently a band called Canine Heart Sounds). Thanks in advance for your help!