Nope, just me?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TootyPhooty

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone depressed from always studying yet

Members don't see this ad.

Medicine is a life of learning my friend. We all signed up to be life long learners. You need the drive to know as much as you can to not only provide the best care, but to cover your ass from lawsuits due to stupidity. Emphasis on the lawsuits due to stupidity.

Members don't see this ad :)

There is no need to study 12 hours a day or all the time. If anyone is studying for that long per day, then they are not doing it correctly. I understand going all in during the first semester, as we are figuring things out, but the plan should change from studying hard to studying smartly. I hope you all in the basic science years are also taking breaks when you can. Take a day or half off and do something you like, away from school and classes. Some form of cardio workout/meditation helps as well after a long day of lectures. Your mental health is equally (if not more) important than the physical.

Reactions: 4 users
There is no need to study 12 hours a day or all the time. If anyone is studying for that long per day, then they are not doing it correctly. I understand going all in during the first semester, as we are figuring things out, but the plan should change from studying hard to studying smartly. I hope you all in the basic science years are also taking breaks when you can. Take a day or half off and do something you like, away from school and classes. Some form of cardio workout/meditation helps as well after a long day of lectures. Your mental health is equally (if not more) important than the physical.
IN my case, no, i'm having to study that and more because I can't easily focus on what i need to get done. How do you prepare and study "smartly" and please don't just say "I got to class and review it twice" that sum bullsheish

IN my case, no, i'm having to study that and more because I can't easily focus on what i need to get done. How do you prepare and study "smartly" and please don't just say "I got to class and review it twice" that sum bullsheish
You don't have to know everything. You just have to know enough.

Figure out what they like to ask.
When you study, focus less on memorizing every detail and more on the bigger picture, overall idea- then go into detail as much as you're comfortable with. There are classes that are pure wrote memorization such as anatomy, biochem, pharm etc. For those classes even if I understood the material, it was hard to purely memorize. So I made very dumb memory shortcuts that associated term "X" with concept "Z" and so on. Saved my but for pharm.

Are you doing poorly because you aren't studying enough, or is it an exam taking issue? Anxiety not allowing you to remember details? Do you know how they like to ask their questions?

Reactions: 1 users