Noob Question: How to search for keywords on Uncle Harvey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sic Parvis Magna

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here on SDN. Apologies if I am asking a previously asked question (I did try to dig around for an answer to this question, but to little avail).

I am a lowly incoming MS1 (recently accepted, so I technically haven't even started medical school yet), and am greatly interested in neurosurgery (blah blah, I'm sure a lot of you all have heard this enough by now).

I recently discovered the Uncle Harvey website, and I am incredibly thankful that such a resource exists, albeit it in its limited form. I have been pouring over the existing threads that are on the "webarchive" page for the website, but whenever I try searching for something specific using the search-bar, it always leads to a page that says "this page does not exist" or some other variant.

Obviously I am using the archived version of this website, which is why these pages "do no exist." For those of you who have been using the website for a while, is there a workaround to this? How do you guys search for specific words or threads? Or are we limited to what is available to us on the archived forums that already exist?

As a side question, would any of you recommend any other useful websites that are "active" for neurosurgery MS3-4, residents, and even attendings? Uncle Harvey seemed to have all 3 groups back in the day, which made (makes) it a tremendous resource--was wondering if anything exists today that is similar. I checked out neurosurghub, but the anonymous postings on that site make it seem kind of "malignant" (i.e. individuals outright criticizing/insulting each other).

Thank you for the help. Cheers.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, long time lurker, first time poster here on SDN. Apologies if I am asking a previously asked question (I did try to dig around for an answer to this question, but to little avail).

I am a lowly incoming MS1 (recently accepted, so I technically haven't even started medical school yet), and am greatly interested in neurosurgery (blah blah, I'm sure a lot of you all have heard this enough by now).

I recently discovered the Uncle Harvey website, and I am incredibly thankful that such a resource exists, albeit it in its limited form. I have been pouring over the existing threads that are on the "webarchive" page for the website, but whenever I try searching for something specific using the search-bar, it always leads to a page that says "this page does not exist" or some other variant.

Obviously I am using the archived version of this website, which is why these pages "do no exist." For those of you who have been using the website for a while, is there a workaround to this? How do you guys search for specific words or threads? Or are we limited to what is available to us on the archived forums that already exist?

As a side question, would any of you recommend any other useful websites that are "active" for neurosurgery MS3-4, residents, and even attendings? Uncle Harvey seemed to have all 3 groups back in the day, which made (makes) it a tremendous resource--was wondering if anything exists today that is similar. I checked out neurosurghub, but the anonymous postings on that site make it seem kind of "malignant" (i.e. individuals outright criticizing/insulting each other).

Thank you for the help. Cheers.

neurosurgeryhub dot org - Uncle Harvey is dead

Correct. Even nsgapplicants which had some decent info is no longer online.