nonscience vs. science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rockyh7

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if you guys knew if schools put more weight on your science or nonscience GPA...I know there have been threads on this in the past, but I was actually wondering because my science GPA is actually significantly higher than nonscience and I would hate to think that my ridiculously horrible writing skills would end up keeping me out of one of my higher choice med schools.

Members don't see this ad.

your bcpm gpa is obviously important but they do like well-roundedness....so having a low non science gpa wouldnt too hot either.

but who knows. its random.

Well, what are your scores?

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by rockyh7
I was just wondering if you guys knew if schools put more weight on your science or nonscience GPA...I know there have been threads on this in the past, but I was actually wondering because my science GPA is actually significantly higher than nonscience and I would hate to think that my ridiculously horrible writing skills would end up keeping me out of one of my higher choice med schools.

Thats kinda tough to answer. I mean a great science GPA is a plus, but if an applicant has a low AO GPA, that may hurt. I would weigh the science GPA the most important, but non science should be right behind.

i have the reverse situation. i have a decent BCMP gpa but a really high non-science gpa. i hope it works to my benefit b/c i've seen so many with opposite situations.