Non US AMG (post residency)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vinestarmed

Reaction score
Hello! I am a Latino pre-medical student (not US citizen/resident), looking forward to complete medical school and residency in the US, which is possible on F1/J1 visas while I am still studying/training, but I do not know how can I continue practicing in the US afterwards.

How likely is to get an H1B visa after residency to practice in the US?

Does medical school prestige matter for work visas? I am a pre-med at a T25 school and if everything goes well, I will be graduating from medical school at a T10, will this increase my chances of getting a job?

Given the case I was not offered any position willing to sponsor an H1B post residency, is there any other first world country where US MD graduates can practice?

I would prefer not to return to my home country in some years as the political and economic situation is not favourable. Thank you! :)

Note: I know non US AMGs are very rare, I would just like to prevent myself as I am (hopefully) matriculating in 2025.

Members don't see this ad.