This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NonTradUsnme

Reaction score
Hello SDNers,

I am making the shift from finance to medicine. I graduated with a 2.95 cGPA, little to no science classes taken, and 132 credits earned. I performed poorly in my freshman year, but was on the Executive Dean's List by the time I graduated.

I wanted to do a formal post-bacc but was rejected due to my GPA being below the cutoff. I have since joined a CC as a non degree-seeking student to take Phy-1, Gen chem-1, Gen Bio-1 as I had read that that was a viable path. After these 12 credits my GPA will be above 3.0, and I would like to transfer to a 4-year uni (NJ) to complete my coursework as I know that 4 year college courses > CC courses.

My question is this: should I reapply to formal post bacc programs? Should I continue with my "DIY" path? If I do reapply, which programs have you had success with and would recommend? What are your thoughts on the HEC program?

P.S. Affordability is not a concern, but still something to consider. I would also like to complete this "pre med" phase as efficiently as possible to not be too far behind my peers.

Thanks,

NTU

Members don't see this ad.

You can do the DIY route and take the rest of your pre-reqs and upper division courses such as genetics and immunology at a NJ state university. See Goro’s guide for more information about reinvention: