Non-trad friendly GPA replacement school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

modest_maozedong

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm gonna put it all out there even though I know I will be relentlessly scorned for my despicable 1st degree GPA. Here goes nothin'.

I graduated in 2015 with a 2.1 cGPA, didn't do any premed coursework. Went back to the same school last year and will have a 2nd degree from same school in biology with a 3.84 GPA over the 6 semesters I attended. cGPA still sucks but last 45+ >3.8 GPA. Did this all while working 36 hours a week at local ER which is a university hospital + level I trauma. Also, yes, decent explanation for ****ty 1st GPA but also just overall lack of maturity. Looking forward to explaining this in more detail in secondaries/interviews.

Can anyone help me put together a list of schools that either a) will replace GPA with more recent credits b) holistically review apps and actually mean it? I just recently heard about the GPA replacement and it seems too good to be true; however, if it is real I am finally seeing a light at the end of my dark tunnel. Obviously I am a different student / person than I was in undergraduate and I have valuable work experiences, but I just thought I would never get seen past my monstrous cGPA.

Any advice is helpful. Once I put together a good list of schools who favor a strong upward trend / recent GPA credits I plan to contact them directly to confirm and discuss next steps. Thank you and all BEST of luck to you in all your endeavors!!!

Members don't see this ad.

gpaisbad.jpg

Just kidding. ;) Follow Goro's guide above.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users