Non-Trad advice - which schools do I have a chance at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spokt27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Wondering what MD schools you think I should be applying to. I can't tell if I have a good chance of getting in, or if my stats put me out of the running. Math major in college, so science undergrad gpa a little low, .328, non science 3.42. I will be applying with a PhD in neuroscience from an Ivy, with 2 publications in very good journals, great letters of recommendations. PI is an Md/PhD, and thesis work involved clinical research (interactions with patients, neurologists, nurses...) - which is the primary reason in my PS for applying to medical school.
I am also a URM, and disadvantage applicant (grew up in under-served area, poor, worked through college).

I didn't have much time to study for the MCAT, and got a 500. If I take it again, I would like to take 2 months off to study, but that might not be possible since I'm trying to finish my PhD By May and apply in June...
Looking for good schools for research that would appreciate the PhD?

I've seen so many inspirational stories here, thank you so much all for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Which community do you represent?
I am an AA female, and most of my volunteer activities in grad school were outreach/helping urm's in undergrad and high school get into STEM fields.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am an AA female, and most of my volunteer activities in grad school were outreach/helping urm's in undergrad and high school get into STEM fields.
The HBCU's, your state schools and regional private schools with a 10th% near your stats (25 MCAT).

The HBCU's, your state schools and regional private schools with a 10th % near your stats (25 MCAT).
Thank you very much for your advice, will look those schools up and try and get in early.