Non-medical Career Options For Doctors??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dr_ronin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello guys,

This is Rohin,i am from india...i just finished my med school.but,from begining...i never liked it much...and as i was close to finishin my course...i started thinking this is not the way i need to go...well,being a doctor is fine..like that...but after this is there anything...i can do other than practicing medicine..people talk a lot about mba and public health admistration..does this work..n is anything else that doctors like could opt for????????????:confused:

Members don't see this ad.

How about research?

You could do MBA or MPH and then try to get into Administrative jobs related to medicine.

However, after all the education and hard work, not to mention money spent- you want out off the medical field - that is weird? Take some time to think about what you want to do in life then take the step.

Good Luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
medical executive, medico-legal consultant, pharm rep, etc

hey,thanks for all the mails...to everyone....i been thinking...i think....may be to prusue....medicine...i mean writing mle....n clearing them ...may be the best ....after all...the studies...n the better life....u have ,hope so...after clearing steps....anyways....recently heard about physician asstiant....do u guys know anything abt it?