Non-MD posting to MDs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rjbrjb

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was searching for a good mental health forum, specifically the forum of American Psychiatrist Association. No luck! So I ran into this one. I have a problem. I see a licensed Psychiatrist once a month and a licensed therapist every week. They are doing a marvelous job

Problem Description:
1- I am diagnosed with Schizoaeffective disorder. I would manage it with ease. (If I lived in a different environment)

2-My father was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. He denies he has a mental illness. And he acts as my therapist and doctor. He interferes with my psychiatrist instructions and when he knew I see a counsler regularly he ordered me to tell him every single word I say in my sessions. He has anger problems. I love him to death I could manage my illness but managing him is hard because he is very smart. He is a thinker and the author of 8 books he also worked in national security. He has good qualities. He is so caring but our relationship is complex one of my family members is supporting me.

Why am I posting here because im under stress I took an atypical antipsychotic prescribed for insomnia and I cant sleep I can't play with the prescribed dose because my doctor is asleep. U r students and doctors discussing licenses and practice here. Your ideas will be considered. If this thread is irrelevant post a link to a proper forum.

Please help

Rjbrjb

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.