Non-degree Class GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kennyram401

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took a class that was required for my community college degree at a four year college before I graduated because there was a program that let me take it there. It does not change my community college GPA because there are no grade points. I checked my GPA from the four year college and they have a GPA for me as a non degree student because I did not apply to the school.

Will the class from the four year school I never matriculated be calculated in my med school application?

Members don't see this ad.

If you got credit for the course at the 4-year school then you need to get a transcript from that institution and include it on your AMCAS application. The AAMC recalculates your GPA to include any and all courses taken at a college level, it doesn't rely on your school's reported GPA, as gonnif has emphasized. In my case, I took classes at my state's public university while I was still in high school but received both high school and college credit. These grades needed to be added to AMCAS and I had to get a transcript from the state school as well as my normal undergrad institution. So, even though I only took four classes at the university while being a non-degree seeking student it was still necessary for me to add them to AMCAS (and helped boost my cGPA a little bit too, which was nice haha)