Non Clinical Family Medicine Salary Range

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Njdevils30

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you think the salary range should be for a non-clinical family medicine physician in the New York Area? Should it be close to the average salary of a family medicine physician?

Members don't see this ad.

It would be working for a company that helps couples who can not conceive and need to use a surrogate.

I mean, it would depend on the position. Is your training as a physician pertinent to the job? If not, then I would say a comparison to the salary of a practicing FM physician would be irrelevant. But that's pretty niche, so it's hard to say what the average salary would be. The best you could probably do is compare the salaries of similar positions with other companies
Okay. Thank you for helping! I appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
I do a few different projects that aren’t direct clinical care, but more like consulting projects, many for long term things so not just one off. In general pay I ask for and is accepted is around $200-$250/hour. Not sure how that would translate in to a full time salary, but thought I’d through that out there if that’s helpful.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you! I guess I was trying to see if a physician in a non-clinical position, with expertise in family medicine, if they should get a higher salary than a nurse or someone else in that same position?

I do a few different projects that aren’t direct clinical care, but more like consulting projects, many for long term things so not just one off. In general pay I ask for and is accepted is around $200-$250/hour. Not sure how that would translate in to a full time salary, but thought I’d through that out there if that’s helpful.
How hard is it to get into that kind of work? That pays like $50-100 more per hour than a good hospitalist gig 😧 and $250/hr is $400k/yr for 35hrs/wk and 6 weeks vacation. 1099 probably but still

Can you expand on what these consulting projects entail?

Reactions: 1 user
Can you expand on what these consulting projects entail?

I don’t want to give too many details because the internet can be small, but one project I’m working on right now is creating a curriculum and training for residents and others for an organization. I was asked to do it by someone who knows me based on my background and the org was looking for someone like me so they reached out after I was recommended.

So the past few weekends I’ve been spending a few hours working on the curriculum and have had a few meetings. Then when it’s finished I’ll be the one to present it every couple of months.

The things I do aren’t necessarily job postings, but opportunities I hear about through word of mouth. Most of the time they ask what my fee is and I’ve talked to different people in the field and have been told that’s fair compensation.

Every few weeks I’m asked to be on a panel for things, those are usually 1-2 hours and not all pay, but many do, so I get a few hundred from those opportunities as well.

Reactions: 1 user