No weekends for walgreen's interns?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

josh6718

Pharmacist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was talking to my roommate who works at walgreen's he said now that he's considered an intern, his schedule is set to 9-5 monday through friday (never any weekends) which I found pretty hard to believe. Anyone know if its all walgreen's stores that do this?

Members don't see this ad.

It's summertime. Who knows???

Where I work, it's every third weekend all year long.

I only work weekdays and so do many of my classmates, pharmacies ranging from Safeway, Fred Meyer, Kaiser and Kmart. During the school year I plan on picking up weekend hours though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in the summer intern program at Walgreens and I also work 9-5 Monday-Thursday, Fridays are "intern days" which mean we could be doing any number of things (but still counts as an 8 hours day). My pharmacy manager told me that he was actually told the he could not schedule me on weekends. But whatever, I like having a set schedule and weekends off :)

I'd say it depends on the specific store that you are working at, but I don't work for wags so don't quote me on that.

friend of mine works for CVS and he works mostly mon-fri, only about one sat and sunday a month. not even always the same weekend tho.

It is usually up to you, I am an intern at Walgreens and I often times work on Saturdays.

It depends on where you are. I worked for Wags last summer in the internship "program" and I was little more than fill-in staff. I worked nearly every weekend and most of my shifts were closing shifts.

This summer, I'm in the internship program of a competitor and work strict M-F 9-5 hours. I always work in the same pharmacy and have started to actually recognize some patient names. Night and day experiences.