No test dates available, is this due to quarantine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm.D2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've received my ATT and go to schedule both my naplex and MPJE. Find out there are no dates available in my city until August, in fact there is nothing available within a 300 mile radius until August. Is this normal or due to quarantine? I'm scheduling pretty early compared to the rest of my class, we graduate May 15th and many of them are still completing intern hours. Should I start exploring BFE for test dates that would require a flight/hotel? Or do you think more dates will become available after the quarantine is over?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure for your specific area, but I would assume that's not normal and is due to the quarantine. I got my ATT last year in early to mid June and had my tests lined up within a few weeks and was licensed by early to mid July. Definitely search BFE testing sites to see if you can find any exceptions. Did you already have a job lined up?

I was able to book within a week of getting my ATT and I’m in a populated Midwestern city with many pharmacy schools. Probably covid related.

Not sure for your specific area, but I would assume that's not normal and is due to the quarantine. I got my ATT last year in early to mid June and had my tests lined up within a few weeks and was licensed by early to mid July. Definitely search BFE testing sites to see if you can find any exceptions. Did you already have a job lined up?

No job lined up yet, still interviewing. Wanting to be licensed asap for additional leverage.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Possibly. There's no way you can't find a single opening with a 300 mile radius unless there are no testing centers within your span, which is highly unlikely.

Pearson seems to be opening up in-person testing for "essential services" on a limited basis so that's why dates are now showing up.

I wouldn't expect shelter in place orders to be removed entirely but relaxed depending on the state/county.

Does anyone know if they are going to do remote testing since testing sites are operating at less than full capacity and dates are not available until late Fall? I mean, are we supposed to fly coast to coast just to take an exam?

You might have to increase your distance. That is what I did. I just got my ATT two days ago. I am driving to Shreveport, Louisiana for NAPLEX in June and Iowa for my MPJE in July. I am in the South East. If I don't pass both these exams after all this trouble, then shame on me. LOL

Also, keep looking. I checked obsessively the last two days and I was able to book these dates. Honestly, I was willing to drive to hell just to be able to take these exams before my residency starts. Didn't quiet succeed since the MPJE is one week into it but I am satisfied, as of now.