No Residency Interviews... what now

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stricklee_business

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this year is extra competitive but I, along with many of my classmates did not get offered any interviews for residency.

Are there any suggestions going forward? When would be a good time to start applying for jobs considering we don't graduate until June?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure if this year is extra competitive but I, along with many of my classmates did not get offered any interviews for residency.

Are there any suggestions going forward? When would be a good time to start applying for jobs considering we don't graduate until June?

For retail, a month ago.
For hospital, probably when you graduate.

did every program you apply send you rejection letters or you just haven't heard from them yet???
If you haven't heard from them yet, hang in there maybe they are still considering

Apply for jobs now but know they will be in podunk areas.

The best advice I ever got from an alumni was, it's easier to get a job in an area that you like once you are actually licensed and good to go. Managers hire for now, not 3 months from now so it's a lot harder for them to tell if there will be a spot for you at that point.

Also, don't give up on residency for this year just yet. There's round 2 and then a scramble.

Reactions: 1 users