no prelim/rejections with invites from speciality

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

digimon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i have a quick question. i've recently started getting multiple invitations from my subspecialty application (radonc) but have yet to hear from most of my preliminary programs. in fact, today i recieved a rejection letter from an IM program from where i've scheduled a specialty interview:confused: ideally i would like to do my prelim at the same school as my radonc. is it prudent to call/email the prelim directors to tell them my situation. what can i do? thanks for the advice.

digimon

Members don't see this ad.

Instead of contacting the prelim directors, you could also see if the RadOnc program has spots saved for internships. Try asking the residents and/or PD when you interview there. Baylor, for instance, will save spots in their TY program for Rads, Derm, PM&R, Anesthesia, and probably RadOnc too. I have friends who were offered spots at Columbia for internship as well. If they don't have agreements with the TY/Prelim programs and they want you, I'm sure they can get you a spot.

thanks for the advice stinky tofu. i'll give it a shot.

-digimon