NO NHSC news?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

litgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congrats everyone who received an interview invite. As of yet, I'm biting my nails waiting to hear from them. My app had some problems and was turned it at the last minute...postmarked by the deadline though. I was wondering if there was anyone else waiting for news? I think if I do hear, it will probably be bad news. Very sad. Good luck on all your interviews.

V

Members don't see this ad.

I received an interview yesterday. I too turned in my application the last possible day. Does anyone know what the interview experience will be like, or what questions they ask? Thanks and good luck to you all, Jenn

I am still waiting too:(

I hope this isn't bad news.

Vanessa

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry litgirl.......i hope that you hear some good news from the nhsc really soon.....there is still time this week....2 mailing days to go........i wish you luck........

Still no news. The wait is so frustrating...good thing I'm getting drunk tonight to get my mind off it. Hope people are hearing good news.

V

I'm led to understand that if you don't get an interview via fedex by May 1, that you probably won't...most of the folks received some notification this week via fedex and most of the interview slots (online) are closed now...

The fedexed letter I received was dated April 15, but was received on April 23. An excerpt:

"Competition for a NHSC scholarship is very high this year. We received 1,900 applications for the 300 to 316 new scholarships we expect to award. The process for choosing participants for our program is a rigorous one that considers a number of factors, including the applicant's level of commitment to primary care and to improving the health of medically underserved communities. The strongest applicants are selected for a personal interview to assist us in choosing the best candidates for our program..."

By the time I logged on in the evening of April 23, there were only 3 interviews left in Atlanta, as an example...FAST!

Hang in there...

Has anyone heard anything lately? I called NHSC and they wouldn't tell me anything. I haven't received anything by Fed Ex or USPS. Has anyone gotten an interview invite in the last couple of days?